What's new
What's new

Using G92

Blake1978j

Plastic
I work in the production world and sometimes I use G92 on the Okuma mills to set work offsets in a program, off of a fixture datum. I recently constructed 2 fixtures that will hold 10 part each that will be ran on a Brother tc-r2b and this function does not work in the same manner. When I do this on the Okuma mills I simply call the work offset for the datum and move to x0 y0 , then call the various work positions and set their corresponding work zero by inputting the absolute position for each in this manner;

G15H50X0Y0 (Datum)
G15H1
G92X4Y-2
G15H2
G92x2Y-2
Etc.

This works well and allows at set-up for the sweeping straight of the fixture and then just locating the datum and setting H50 X & Y zero. Running the "ZeroSet" program to have all work offsets set. How can I go about doing the same thing on the Brother controls?

Thx,
Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hy blake :) i have no idea how to do that on the Brother, but for okuma, i simply generate those positions from code ...

thus program will rewrite coordinate origins, making it more safe .... this is good when origins will be there for a while :)

Back