What's new
What's new

Acceleration on janome 450 robot

alextnnr

Plastic
I am using a Janome SCARA robot to spray coat revolved parts as they spin on a lathe. Ideally the robot would slow down during a line dispense so I could get even coverage from the inner to outer diameter. Does anyone know how to do that? When i change acceleration it just slows the robot down for all but the dispense moves.

I understand this is a basic question... I have never needed to know before as the previous parts had enough features that I had make separate motion profiles for different radial segments which also hides the tapered coating.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with Janome robots, but maybe there are different acceleration settings for point-to-point versus straight line motions and you're mixing the two types of motions in your program. Point to point meaning you're telling the robot to pick the fastest path between two points, which may not have the end effector moving in a straight line. Straight line motion, as the name implies, means the end effector takes a straight line path. For example, with Epson robots there is an "accel" command for setting the point-to-point acceleration and "accels" command for setting the acceleration of linear move commands.

Back