What's new
What's new

FANUC R-30i Macro programming

Uhrenholt

Aluminum
Hi,

Had a talk with a colleague of mine a few days ago about Macro programming. He is the robot guy at the company, and makes the robot stands for the production, and some Guided User Interface for the men on the floor.

He was very interested in the Macro programming I do at the CNC, and is wondering if it is possible to do something similar with the robot.

There are a page or two covering this in the manual, but we want to know more:-)

Is there some reading on the net somewhere or any books on the matter?

Cheers,

Daniel

Unless he's doing strictly point-to-point programming, the "logic" side of the robot programming is pretty equivalent to what us CNC guys refer to as "Macro Programming."

Things like "IF" & "JMPLBL" and such that is pretty common in robot programming, is pretty much what Macro is on the CNC side.

If he's not doing it already, he'll be using the data-registers, which would be synonymous to the #500-#999 macro-variables for CNC controls. The Fanuc robot pendant & programming language actually make this type of logic/macro programming very simple & intuitive I think...

Back