What's new
What's new

Operator Height Adjustment for Heavy Machines

Muffler Bearing

Aluminum
I'm looking for a way to adjust the operator working height on a machine - but an ordinary small hydraulic lift system will not be sufficient.

The machine in question weighs approximately 3500 lbs. I've looked around for commercial solutions to this problem, but to no avail. Most height adjustment systems are for 1000 lbs or less. The only real "feasible" option I can come up with is to put a scissor lift under the machine and bolt it all down.

This isn't a really feasible option though. For starters, this would require major machine modification to even get under the existing machine. Then the machine becomes more or less permanently located, and I work in a place that does extremely routine layout changes.
Finally , any commercial scissor lift is capable of lifting an inappropriately high stroke ( most are in 45" range) I'd have to find a way to limit the stroke.

I've tried googling, and it basically all leads back to the 1000 lb range systems. Anybody have any experience with this?

I had a similar situation years ago and opted for leaving the machine stationary and changing the height of the work station itself. The height of the work platform was set to the tallest operator and spacers were added to the platform to bring the shorter operator into a ergonomic working height. The machine was aligned with in-feed and out-feed conveyors and could not be changed...this was the only option available.

Stuart

Yea, I'd opt for raising the machine to a height that is comfortable for the tallest person with an additional 4-6" and get / build a hydraulic lift platform for the operator.

Back