What's new
What's new

The Puppy Learns to Walk

Wow!!! A dog with a handle! :skep: What will they think of next.
Actually it looks like an old canister vacuum, with legs.

jim

Looks like the real upgrade would be traction! We would all have issues walking on hard topographical terrain with round plasic balls for feet! :rolleyes5:

There is a pack mule on there somewhere that is gas powered and packs at least 400# and is more stable. However I think a real ass would doo a better job and for less $. :nutter:

---------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, not to sound like a Luddite but that thing moves less well than a 2 day old baby goat. Wonder how much DARPA money went into it.

Steve.

I see the scenario. It walks up the side of a hill, sets behind a pile of rocks, sits maybe for a few days or weeks, Osama sticks his head out of the cave. Bingo or Blamo.

It is merely the first step to greater things.
Robots of various ilks are evolving rapidly.
Denigrating early experiments is akin to saying that the Wright Bros. should not have wasted their time on their flimsy contraption
but went directly to the 747!

I was looking at the way the puppy came of the "rocks" on to the flat, big step. I couldn't work out what it was actually doing, has it got sight? Once it "knew" that the ground was flat where its back feet were going to land it positively strode away.
So the questions are:- is it just remotely controlled, or has it got sensors and its own "intelligence" at the end of its umbiliacal (along with a 50kW power supply). What sort of motors is it using, I suspect they need 16 +! . So is the cord a minature 20 core cable?
I suppose someone will be wiser after these experiments, but unless you want to go paddling, I would have thought that an augmented crawler configuration would be the quickest way to an all terrain search and destroy robot. - its not like its ever going to be able to climb trees, is it?.
Frank

It did look like it had sight to me too. Robots doo have this ability to sort parts in a crate. So it could be used here too.

Reality is catching up with Star Wars. But of course that was a long time ago...

----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back