What's new
What's new

Start sequence for Fanuc RJ-3 Acrmate 120i

markp

Hot Rolled
I recently pickup up an Arcmate 120i with Fanuc RJ-3 controller. Its complete with pendant and cables. I did not see it run but saw a recent video of it operating. Its got the dual user option and devicenet option. Set for 480 three phase. I applied power and all I see is the 125 volt ac led illuminated on the fanuc power supply and the two 24vdc power supplies on the door. I do not have a manual. I tried all the obvious settings/button pushes on the front panel but no activity. The PLC battery is at 3vdc. Is there some protocol Im missing?

Ok it was a disloged trapezoidal connector at the back of the front panel. Boots but now Im at SRVO-232 NTED ERROR. I think the batteries in the bottom of the robot may be dead or low as well.

Batteries were flat, changed them and cleared the battery error. Now I have the errors below. The photos also show how the orange jumpers are set. There is a dummy plug at CRM27. Does not seem to make any difference. Looking online, I see a few have had the exact same set of errors but seem to have solved it without explaining what they did to resolve.

Attachments

• fanuc120i.jpg
    fanuc120i.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 213
  • fanuc120i2.jpg
    fanuc120i2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 521
  • fanuc120i3.jpg
    fanuc120i3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 395
  • fanuc120i4.jpg
    fanuc120i4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 311
Ok, Got it working and was able to master and calibrate. The problem was the yellow dummy plug on the front panel. It had no continuity on one of the pin sets. I jumpered the 2 lower CRM27 wire pairs at the panel and it started working ok. Now I just have to learn how to use it. Ive been using a motoman up50 XRC for 5 years or so, The Fanuc seems more... fundamental?

Back