What's new
What's new

Vacuum cup ball swivels

motion guru

Diamond
We are building some end of arm tooling for a robot and I am looking for any recommendations for a single point vacuum rated swivel.

I like the products made by Anver -> Vacuum And Suction Cup Ball Swivel Connectors . . . but, I want a single swivel point rather than a "double jointed" unit.

We have a requirement to calibrate by putting a spherically mounted reflector into the vacuum cup and a single swivel mount allows us to measure more accurately.

When I think vacuum, I think PIAB. I know they have some vacuum cups with such a swivel built in. I have an Exair vortex cooler on the one mill that has a single jointed fitting like that. I'm not sure I'd worry very much about whether it's "vacuum rated" or not, if all you're doing is sucking a reflector to it, unless it's the magnitude of vacuum that is the subject of calibration.

The vacuum is used to hold onto parts and the reflector needs to be used on occasion for calibration.

You bring up something I forgot to mention, the Piab units I looked at are limited to +/- 12 deg . . . we need something closer to +/- 25 deg

Back