What's new
What's new

Did Schaublin use SF 32 tool holders ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone seen these before ?

sf32.jpg

Don, I would check with American SIP Corporation, 859-534-5201. They carry an extensive list of Swiss tooling in the C/O line, very fine tools. They also carrie Schaublin collets in both ESX and EFTX styles. They sent me several catologs with tooling but I saw no mention of your style tooling but they may have it anyway. Don't be surprised if a few tool holders cost more than you paid for the machine. Good luck.
Bill

The page you show here does say `System Fehlman SF32` , which probably means its propriatry Fehlman.
I`ve never seen it on Schaublin millers or the likes , they all seem to use SK tooling.

It`s nice to use tough , click-click and you`re off with the next tool. :cool:

Probably is a Fehlmann invention, but what got me to wondering if it might be more generic is the "Tempo Toni" no. 40 to SF 32 adapter. Photo of this adapter on page 33 in the Fehlmann tooling brochure here-

www.fehlmann.com/images/progneut/contte/Zubehoer-2004.pdf

Note the application on a 'Deckel like' mill.

I have an older brochure that shows a larger photo, and the Tempo Toni appears to be the manufacturer, with a Fehlmann sticker applied sort of as an afterthought. OTOH, I could be completely wrong about that...perhaps Tempo Toni simply means "Fast Adapter" or "your employee named Toni, will have excellent Tempo while using this cool doodad" in "Swiss" ??

On another subject Lambert, how far are you from Arnhem ?

Maybe the adapter is made in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland and Tempo Toni just translates as quickchange. ;)

I`m quite near to Arnhem , it`s a small country , about the size of a Boeing factory. ;)
You`ve found another rare lump of iron in this neck of the woods ?

I got a quote from Fehlmann this morning. The collet type SF 32 holders are about $180 USD each. Painful, but not outrageous. Shipping is surprisingly cheap....about 50 bucks for 6 holders.

Nice little vise in that brochure, I also like the clampset with universal clamping rails. I am sure they are real cheap as well. ;)

Thanks for shareing
Charles

Back