What's new
What's new

De Valliere H-130 lathe

1BB

Plastic
I was woundering if anyone has ever used this lathe before. It seems to be a very well made lathe. I dont know what oil to put in the head stock bearings. It has 2 level glasses on each side of the head stock, but I dont know where to add the oil at. There is also a oil level glass on the side of the threading quick change. Finally what oil should I use for the gear box. There is a tube to add oil to but nothing to say where the oil level should be.

This is my first piece of metal machining equiptment, and first metal lathe. This should be a good starter lathe.

Thanks, Ben
Pa. USA

I also have one for these little lathes. But mine is a international bustard.I bought this lathe years ago beause it had box full of Logan parts with it that were the right parts for a logan lathe I was working on. But it was missing the tail stock and the compound.I got the lathe home and put power to it and it ran very nice. So after a some time I sold the 2 12" logans that I didn't like. In this time I had found 11" logan tail stock and a compound that is form a Taiwan lathe and fitted them to the little H-130. I used this lathe for a number of years then got a 13" Colchester so it whent to a friends shop for sometime now I have it back and no place to set it up. But I still would like to find the missing change gears for it. Ken

Back