What's new
What's new

graziano sag 12 needs love

xrjoe

Plastic
ive got what seems to be a popular "12" problem, when I hit the motor start button the motor activates but turns off when you release it. the oil pressure switch has been bypassed, im noticing the drum is not fully engaged like the clutch is not activated? I do have the parts manual and schematic with no wire color relation, my dad had it running normally but he passed away with the trick to using it, now im looking to restore normal operation, anyone have experience with similar problems that might point me to the fix?

thanks for all the views, can someone describe the purpose of the timer in startup?

the timer bypasses the oil pressure switch briefly so the contactor will lock in while there is no oil pressure. By the time the timer times out, there should be oil pressure, and the contactor stays locked in.

alright, thanks for the reply, ive got some time today, my focus is on speed controller and turret/spindle engagement not having positive drive, check current at the 6 taps, and check current through timer controller.

good news, following circuit that keeps motor running through the timer, found the shutdown switch not allowing relay to hold, cycled a bunch of times to restore activity and its working good, if I can take it apart to clean the contacts I will, my turret drive is positive in low gear, but not in high, I can see the drive belt spinning motor in both ratios, I need to investigate that further.

Back