What's new
What's new

Graziano sag 12 oil switch wiring?

upthebikes

Cast Iron
Trying to get an old sag 12 running. Electrician came in and I know one of the contactors is shot. He jumped it and manually pushing it in the motor whizzed to life. However, after some fooling around we could never get the transmission to engage by means of the joystick. I have the feeling it is related the Oil Pressure switch.

I opened up the pump and checked the vanes and impellor were properly positioned, made sure the filter was clear and not blocked, etc. all appears fine mechanically.

I have read a lot on here about "bypassing the oil pressure switch" and I'm not quite sure what that means or how it's done? The relay has at some point been removed from my board so I think it was bypassed. My main question is what should be connected to this switch behind the oil pump? Where would these two wires (i assume) connect to? I do have a schematic and have found some here as well, but I can't figure out what should be attached to these terminals and where they should terminate. Thanks in advance.

image.jpgIMG_2875.jpg

Does the motor runs the right direction
It is contraintiutive
When moving the handle up it should turn the right direction for normal turning
The oilpump is working only in one direction You get no oilpressure with the motor turning the wrong way
If that does not do the trick the oilpressureswitch is defect probably Shortcut it to check if it runs that way

The pressureswitch is in line with the clutches which are DC So they have a hard live
I change it that I put it in line with the motorcontacter Only thing is if your oilpump is not that good you have to hold the ON button till the pressureswitch sees pressure Only one I ever had did have that problem

Peter

Peter - thanks for your response. We thought about the motor direction, so we l tried it both ways (by switching the phase lines from the panel) and neither worked

Just connect the 2 wires that are on the pressureswitch to one another
Simply put both wires under the same screw of the pressureswitch
Its just for testing Not permanent

Peter

If the gearbox is low on oil, the pressure switch will not function. Mine would shut down intermittently. Filled up mine with oil and had no more problems.

Back