Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A Hardinge HLV or HLV-H would be a good downsize move for working with RC model parts. A full set of 1/64th collets and a 3 jaw chuck is all you need. If you can live with no more than 1-3/64 diameter limit on bar through the spindle. If you get into threading then there are 26 English threads to choose from on the head. A lot more if you use change gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mark,

Sorry to hear you might be selling your Sag 14.

Can you please let me know the serial number of your machine? It should be stamped at the tailstock end of the lathe, on the main vee way, on the outside of the way, vertical face. (The "UCIMU" number on the headstock is not the machines serial number).

Thanks! Peter

sag-14-serial-number-location.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabworks View Post
    If you want stay with the same make of lathe, this SAG12 is for sale in the Bay Area. I attended the auction where is was bought by the dealer that has it for sale.

It is in good shape and everything worked. I had planned to bid on the lathe but knew I would never out bid this dealer.

Attachment 200710

12" x 3" Graziano Sag12 Engine Lathe - business/commercial - by dealer - sale
    Hi
    I like bidding against dealers because they know the value of stuff and they will typically allow for at least 100% markup after expenses. They are rational bidders, not likely to get stupid about winning the auction. If I win against a dealer, it should mean I save about 50% compared the dealer sell price. At least that's the way it works in this part of the world.