What's new
What's new

Gustloff/Fritz Sauckel werke lathe with fire damage

Mastermilo

Plastic
With a big fire in our workshop our Gustloff Werke lathe has been damaged and for me it is too much work to fix it again.
It has a long history and I figured that someone would like to have this machine. I would like to swap it with another machine or sell it for the scrap price. I think it is a shame to throw it away as scrap.
This machine has been produced in 1943 in Nazi-Germany, Weimar in the Gustloff/Fritz Sauckel factory. Fritz Sauckel was a nazi who was held responsible for the forced labour and he was hanged in 1946 after the Neurenburg trial.
The machine itself is a nice piece of German engineering. It has a really nice quick shifter system. The gears could be chosen by turning a knob on the gearbox. When the control lever was pushed entirely down a disc with hole pattern inside the gearbox activates all the shifting forks and the desired speed was selected.
The machine was completely functional before the fire.
Visible damage: Aluminium hand wheels have been melted, the drive belts have been burned. Paint has been scorched off. Main spindle still turns smooth.
I don't have proper pictures of it yet, I will take those this weekend and add them. Hereby a few pictures of the machine before the fire:
PICT9015.jpgPICT9017.jpgPICT9018.jpg

Back