What's new
What's new

Issue with Mori SL-1A

hostilerob

Plastic
Hi guys,

I have an SL-1A that the green light for controller shuts off. This shuts of the servos and chuck control. When this happens, I restart and many times the screen does not come on so I shut it down and let it sit a few minutes before restarting until the screen comes on and I can hit the control button to home the machine. Then after a few minutes the green light turns off again. I checked the voltage coming from the phase converter and the voltage is always within a couple volts so I am not sure if this is a voltage problem. I thought it might be when we are running the A/C in the house so I checked voltage with it running and once again it was within a couple volts.

I dont know if this is a voltage issue or something in the controls that is failing.

Has anyone had this type of issue? The Fanuc repair guys are not cheap and I was hoping to figure this out without having to call someone.

Any help will be much appreciated.

-Rob

So, on a day it did not do this, here are the voltages:

L1-L2 = 233v
L1-L3 = 231v
L2-L3 = 221v

L1-ground = 116v
L2-ground = 115v
L3-ground = 192v

Today when this issue started again:

L1-L2 = 226v
L1-L3 = 217v
L2-L3 = 212v

L1-ground = 111v
L2-ground = 113v
L3-ground = 186v

I understand a voltage drop would shut off controls, but would this also affect startup to have a black screen is what puzzles me. Not sure if its just a relay that is borderline due to low voltage on certain days.

Back