What's new
What's new

Jcandlish MIA

I'm curious, too. I've had no luck reaching him. I've sent him two or three emails without a reply, and I sent him a text message when I was in Switzerland in March. I hope he is alright.

Same here, He listed his home city as Roggwil Switzerland since he first came on here. If you look at his profile now on here it's listed as Oberaargau, Switzerland.

I was hoping Screwmachine would chime in he probably knows him as well as anybody on here.

I tried contacting Screwmachine on here but his inbox is full.

oberaargau means "upstate aargau". aargau is a kanton, 26 of which form the ch (swiss federation).

oberaargau means "upstate aargau". aargau is a kanton, 26 of which form the ch (swiss federation).

:)

And "not only"

I actually did know all that and double-checked because I knew I had to do. The term also showed up attached to a small enclave closer to where he was last based. Housing development or planned-estate sized enclave, now that I think of it. Or simply a very much older village. Frugal Swiss often get their money's worth out of place names by using them a great deal more than once!

:)

Or so sayeth Google.

And yes, they have been wrong before, much to my personal delay AND embarrassment when I was actually wheeling, not keyboarding, a 26-foot diesel box truck to a meeting to pick up an AB5/S drill press!

As to our man's actual physical "base"? Hopefully he is well and prospering wherever he is. Might even have done a career change and not have much time for PM? Modern times, that is a lot more common than in our ancestor's day. Hard to avoid doing at least once, if even one wants to do.

Last we corresponded he was having a lot of back pain troubles. Just emailed him to see if he will respond now.

Back