What's new
What's new

need help on a vdf lathe

robertbies

Plastic
hello,

My name is Robert from holland, and i bought a old vdf lathe. i bought this lathe for 800euro's (dont know if that is a good price?). But i have trouble finding information about it.
Maby on of you can help with it? And maby you know some things to look after?
IMG_20170813_152625.jpg
IMG_20170817_133707.jpg

i allready cleaned it a bit.
Knipsadasdasdsel.jpg

and this is on the tailstock. so i gues it's a V1??
dsadad.jpg

i would appreciate it,

Robert

Attachments

• IMG_20170817_143745.jpg
    IMG_20170817_143745.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
If it cost 800 Euros and runs it was a good deal. For some reason, I can't get your photos to show, so can't comment further. We had a 20hp VDF at my old workplace and it was a lovely rigid machine.

Photos loaded on my third try. Your machine appears to be older than the one I used and should give you good service once you have it restored.

This is a Boehringer V1, build in the 1930's.It looks very good for it's age. Just check the oil in the mainhead and saddle, and make sure the lubrication system of the guideway works. This lathe will serve you well.

This is a Boehringer V1, build in the 1930's.It looks very good for it's age. Just check the oil in the mainhead and saddle, and make sure the lubrication system of the guideway works. This lathe will serve you well.

Hi Robert,

you look for info about this lathe on Ebay.de or ask for tech. information on the site of Peters CNC Ecke. in that case you need to register.
also you maybe can find something on the French Site Passion Usinages.

BR
Bertus

Good looking lathe. The levers on the apron & body look alot like a Cazeneuve. Congratulations on your find...

hello guys,

Thanks for the help! And really made in the 30s? I know it was old though.
Aigain thanks for the help.

greets, Robert

That's an excellent machine, worth every cent. Congrats ! Not my place but I'll say it anyhow :) : fix only what's broken, don't restore it. That's what kills 'em.

Hi Guys,

i´m Manuel and from Germany(sorry for my bad english) and i also bought a VDF Boehringer Lathe V1 6903( don´t know what 6903 stand for).

later i will make photos and post it.

Have anyone Informations about the lathe? or is there any Machine with the same Headstock? I Have to Switch 4 Belts (Optibelt 13x2286 A90)

Greetings from Germany

There you go, the orginal blue-print.

attachment.php

Over the years I collected quite a lot documentation from VDF, mostly about the Heidenreich und Harbeck machines build after 1950.And yes, I happen to have also a original manual of this V1.

Hi Kees,

Do you have the RPM setting for this machine? I mean the lable at the top of the headstock. At that lable are the rmp settings. At my machine that lable is totaly gone..

Greets Robert

hello I just bought a boehringer v1 .I am also looking for the manual for this tour thank you in advance

Back