What's new
What's new

New/old Schaublin TR 102 HP

ctl_tec

Aluminum
Hello guys,
Today I bought a Shaublin TR 102 HP that I don`t know nothing about.
I ask the workers from the shop where I bought it and they told me that the lathe was running very well.
Here are some pictures with it and the problems that I know of.

The owner wanted to use the cooling tank and the pomp at some project and they cut the hoses to get it out.(stupid decizion :( )

And the most important thinks :)

Any of you have this kind of machinery ?

Thanks,

Cata

The owner wanted to use the cooling tank and the pomp at some project and they cut the hoses to get it out.(stupid decizion :( )

Without the barfeeder (and programming handbook) you will probably want to lose all the hoses, and convert it over to a manual machine.

I have a Schaublin barfeeder that is surplus to my needs. It would be awkward to ship.

A barfeeder is very easy to make : 2 poles , 1 pipe , 1 counter weight , 1 rope ; but an original one is even better :)
I asked the owner and he told me that the guy who run it is now retiring( i write it ok?)

I want make it as original as I can.

Sorry for bad writing.

Without the barfeeder (and programming handbook) you will probably want to lose all the hoses, and convert it over to a manual machine.

I have a Schaublin barfeeder that is surplus to my needs. It would be awkward to ship.

can you make a picture with the barfeeder , maybe dinensions and weight?

Photos attached.

20170118170605-c26e8f1a-me.jpg

20170118170605-307b2e7d-me.jpg

20170118170606-3cc4affd-me.jpg

the guy who run it is now retiring( i write it ok?)

I want make it as original as I can.

Sorry for bad writing.

No problem with the writing!

Refreshing to see reasonable goals, proper documentation, cautious approach.

Timely arrival, too, thanks. Don't ask... some things are best forgotten.

:)

Meanwhile... if it were I, I'd be pleased to FIND that (soon to be) retiree, buy a meal or three, LISTEN.
A lot. And take notes...

Bill

Hey Bill,
Sorry for saying , but I have no F... idea what you are saying :) except the part with "No problem with the writing! "
:confused:
Don't worry, if you stick around here you'll get so used to Bill's writing style you can spot his posts in the first 3 words without seeing his name.

What are you planning to do with this lathe (what kind of work?)?

Above question translated into Monarchish:

"Times such as one might want to twig what such a block of iron might render, services-wise. 'Course half a hand-a decades back we were twirling cranks on beasts half as able but that's just par for the zeppelin when squeezing resistors the size of gnat's gnats into the grandchild of bakelite (don't get me started on Plastoks, bin nigh 40 years the nostrils have avoided those Resins).

Don't worry, if you stick around here you'll get so used to Bill's writing style you can spot his posts in the first 3 words without seeing his name.

What are you planning to do with this lathe (what kind of work?)?

Above question translated into Monarchish:

"Times such as one might want to twig what such a block of iron might render, services-wise. 'Course half a hand-a decades back we were twirling cranks on beasts half as able but that's just par for the zeppelin when squeezing resistors the size of gnat's gnats into the grandchild of bakelite (don't get me started on Plastoks, bin nigh 40 years the nostrils have avoided those Resins).

LOL! Well done... carry on. Short of sleep lately...

:)

I think I got it in one of the books. If anybody around here has this tipe of lathe to post some pictures of the hydraulic circut of hoses it will help a lot. I will post some photos tomorow with the unpluged hoses.

From your post above it appears that you have 2 copies of the same manual (service/wartungs) in 2 different languages.

Usually the drawings are in the service manual, with the electric/hydralic/pneumatic near the end.

For your machine Schaublin would have also offered a training manual with instructions for setups and programming of common parts. It would have contained sample (and empty) job sheets.

Schaublin maintains all this documentation, and also has drawings available, for a price. You can contact them with the BL number of your machine and request documentation as if it were a replacement spare part.

There are also other resources on the web. If you have some French language competancy I highly recommend the website Usinages .

Here is an example article from Usinages on the conversion of a 102-HP toward a manual machine ==> Schaublin 102 HP | Usinages

If you join the Usinages forum you will gain access to their documentation, which includes the schematic for the 102N Revomat controller, in French.

You might also ask Tony at www.lathes.co.uk if he has any technical documentation for your machine.

Thanks for the info J.The 2 manuals are different. The one in german(I think) it has a lot of drawings.
Screwmachine - I have no idea what I will work on him :) First I want to make it run.

Today I was kind of bussy and I made only 2 pictures with the problems.

Here is a photo with a distribuitor. It has also 3 or 4 hoses that are breaked from distribuitors at the conection.

Some electrical wires that are in the air to

The first photo looks bad. It looks like you are missing the manifold body the valves once attached to? Is there no schematic in the German manual?

Also, those hoses look very brittle with age.

The second photo is the connection for the barfeeder.

Back