SAG 12 Restoration Progress
As I mentioned in the other thread, I am in the process of restoring my SAG 12 to near new condition. I have found some time the past couple of weeks for further work on the saddle:
I added the oil channels in the Turcite with a ball endmill and also cross drilled the saddle for centralized lubrication:
As mentioned before, I was dissatisfied with the little ball oilers, especially the ones requiring access to the rear of the machine to service, so I have decided to add a Bijur one shot system for the saddle and cross slide ways. The pump will be located on the electrical enclosure and connected to the saddle by a flexible hose and will be routed with the cable going to the DRO scale for the cross slide.
These two points will feed each side of the front way:
The upper front cavity in the saddle is essentially unused currently, so the metering units and juction block for the front prismatic way and cross slide will be located there, and a single line routed to the back to another juction block for the back saddle way and the supply from the pump.
Cross slide Turcite is on.....
and there's a nice little bead of adhesive all along the edge of the Turcite so I think I got the correct amount on:
Tomorrow it should be cured and ready for fitting...:D