What's new
What's new

I bought it!! (Caz 360)

K Battenbough

Cast Iron
Hi guys
After viewing the machine i found that it was in excellant condition, and the bed and ways were superb!! only downside is the taper turning attachment is missing, the vari-drive belt needs replacing, and its been given a poor paint job, which i can live with for now! I am trying to attach a link to my pics, so bear with me, also i have taken off all panels so everything can be seen.
Enjoy

try again
Cazeneuve%20360

Congrats !
I`ve never used one but its specs and the overall impression this type leaves seem to make it a
first class lathe.

Did you get a chance to inspect it under power ?

Thanks!
I did view it under power, but the belt was slipping so i could'nt go through the full speed range, according to the manual there is some sort of arrangment for adjusting the belt tension, perhaps thats all it needs, i got this machine for gunsmithing and its almost like it was made for that purpose. Theres lots of features that stand out like automatic pickup, and stopping, for feeding, and threading, so threading to a shoulder should be a breeze!! the tailstock is cool too with what i would say is 3 speeds,leave the handles in the middle and use it like a piller drill, engage handles up and feed with the sensitive wheel, or engage handles down, lock tailstock extension bar into the saddle, clamp tailstock to bed and traverse feed! Also the headstock is quite short too so a clock can be placed onto both ends of a barrel, as well as direct connection of coolant/cutting fluid! im not totaly happy with the paint job though, may have to give it a lick.

I run one of these almost everday. After 35 years in job shops I have run a lot of different lathes from beaters to beauties. After getting used to some "unique" features on it I truly love this lathe. These are truly "high end" machines. You can set the stops to single point right up to a shoulder. Just a note about the tailstock,when you engage the rod from the carriage to the tailstock the tailstock advances at half the speed of the carriage,awsome for big drills. Good luck.

Back