What's new
What's new

Stepperhead- Interesting Eurolathe

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
One of the real joys of the global web is stumbling upon a gem of creation. Such is the case with the You Tube videos of a one off lathe in the UK. The inventor and builder, Mr AJ, writes the following:
"Yes I made this machine it is my own design. The headstock and tailstock can be raised or lowered relative to the lathe bed and carriage. This enables the machine to be used as a vertical or horizontal milling machine and perform many other versatile tasks.The milling head can be mounted on the horizontal overarm creating a vertical mill. Stepper motors are used to drive the carriage ,cross slide and the mandrel. this enables many CNC or manual operations to be performed. It was entered in the Model Engineering Exhibition at Ascot UK where it was awarded a Gold medal and the Bowyer-Lowe Challenge Cup. I have recently written an article on it which will be published in Model Engineers Workshop magazine in due course."

http://www.youtube.com/user/jackary2003

Stepperhead

Just to inform you that the article I submitted to Model Engineers Workshop a UK magazine will be published in Numbers 151,152 & 153 that is June , July, and August.
Regards
Alan

Greetings Alan
Are you permitted by the publications to post the article online? Where I live I have not encountered magazines you reference. It would be great however to read the fine details and see pretty pictures

regards

jackson

Hi Jackson,
Without going through the small print I do not think it would be good practice to pre- publish
the magazine article on the internet just before they do. I would imagine they would be upset to say the least.
However I have found this contact number which may be helpful, EWA Magazines USA supplies subscriptions for Model Engineers Workshop. Their telephone number is 1-800-212-2670.
Regards
Alan

This thread and this amazing machine deserve a bump up. Does anyone know if the book of plans and drawings etc. for the "Stepperhead" is still available?

I didn't see this posting when it first came about.

It looks similar to the Russian made "Erten" lathe.

If you subscribe to model engineer workshop magazine all drawings are downloadable from the digital subscription section. Amazing lathe. I wonder what the cost would be to make a batch of lets say 500pcs

Back