What's new
What's new

VDF Boehringer identification & clutch problem

Mastermilo

Plastic
Hi folks, I've just reposted this thread in this part of the forum. At first I put it in the wrong section.

We have an old VDF gebr. Boehringer lathe, the clutch plates needs to be replaced. The plates are colored blue and bend.

I've dissassembled the clutch and measured the plates in order to get new ones. But the suppliers I've contacted to get replacement parts don't know what article to order as long as I don't have the serialnumber of the lathe. I've inspected the guidings, but haven't been able to find a number anywhere.

I have two questions I hope anyone can help me with;

-Where can I find the location of the serialnumber of this lathe? Any suggestions?

-Can anyone identify this lathe by the pictures, or know where I could purchase replacement clutch discs? The outside diameter of the discs is 92mm.
View attachment 200711
View attachment 200712
View attachment 200713
View attachment 200714
View attachment 200715

This is a 1930's era machine, so I doubt you will found new parts for it.On later models (after WW2) the cluches are different. I am afraid it will be to expensive also. So just try to repair those disks (making flat again) and use them as they are.

It looks like a E3 or E4 model.

Back