What's new
What's new

Wasino Toolroom lathe -Whelp?

daryl bane

Titanium
I recently went out to the home ofc. in Cali, and was walking thru the shop and noticed a bunch of these lathes. No model # but they had a plaque of alittle cartoon dog with the word WHELP next to it. Ha, very Japanese humor. They were small toolroom type lathes, very nice, compact but good swing. I found a couple of pics on the web, but wondering if they were good, great, etc. Don't have one to buy or sell, but just interested.

Interesting, the only Wasino lathes I have seen were in the 20 x 50 size manuals or small cnc gang tool lathes. By toolroom lathes are these made like Hardinge lathes?

Charles

Well I dont think I have ever seen one, but looks nice from the example you have shown. It looks somewhat familiar like some other brand I remember, no telling who was copying who...

Charles

Just came across this thread while looking around for specs so I could draw something up for my lathe. I noticed that there are very few pictures that come up on the dominant search engine these days. The one with purple stains on the front is the photo the seller had up of my lathe. The model number is LPT-35C. I haven't used many lathes in my time but of the ones I have used this is my favorite. It has only a 1-1/4" bore through the spindle though, so using 5c collets with a drawbar is unlikely if I'm not in much error. Aside from that it's built like a brick outhouse and holds shape under load remarkably well. They went through great pains to make the spindle as accurate and insensitive to temperature changes as possible and aren't afraid to brag about it in the manual. Full gearbox for standard and metric threads and 16 spindle speeds make it pretty versatile. MT4 in the tailstock allows the use of stout tooling on one end, but the A1-5 spindle taper limits your options there. All in all, I'm extremely happy with this machine and for a small shop like mine it fulfills the needs perfectly.

Just came across this thread while looking around for specs so I could draw something up for my lathe. I noticed that there are very few pictures that come up on the dominant search engine these days. The one with purple stains on the front is the photo the seller had up of my lathe. The model number is LPT-35C. I haven't used many lathes in my time but of the ones I have used this is my favorite. It has only a 1-1/4" bore through the spindle though, so using 5c collets with a drawbar is unlikely if I'm not in much error. Aside from that it's built like a brick outhouse and holds shape under load remarkably well. They went through great pains to make the spindle as accurate and insensitive to temperature changes as possible and aren't afraid to brag about it in the manual. Full gearbox for standard and metric threads and 16 spindle speeds make it pretty versatile. MT4 in the tailstock allows the use of stout tooling on one end, but the A1-5 spindle taper limits your options there. All in all, I'm extremely happy with this machine and for a small shop like mine it fulfills the needs perfectly.
Hi, I just recently purchased a Wasino LPT-35C and I am have trouble trying to find a wiring diagram or a manual on it it. I was wondering if you have come across any information to where I could find one?
Thanks !

Hello Folks.
I recently sold my Cazeneuve HB, and one of these LPT-35c looks like a smaller version.
I can't find one for sale, but I'll at least ask if anyone has feedback on operating one before I spend 2 years hunting for an example for sale....

Thanks in advance !
JH

Attachments

• DSCN9025.jpg
    DSCN9025.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 19

Back