What's new
What's new

Anyone know when HGR 30-day return term begins on an item?

Cannonmn

Stainless
I ask here because I’m not getting info from the place. Bought an expensive ($5K)item there nearly a month ago, paid for item and shipping. To date have not been able to determine when they intend to ship it, and if return term starts at time of purchase, I’m already SOL. No idea why they aren’t providing answers to questions I’ve emailed and receipt of emails was confirmed. Would they be tricky enough to run out my 30-day return time period by simply delaying shipment? I’m no longer buying there but would at least like to get what I’ve paid for “timely.”

Number one - STOP emailing and give them a call. Problem will likely by solved that easy!

I have bought from them numerous times - no problem. If you don't like doing business with them anymore then don't. But there's no sense in adopting an adversarial relationship without talking to someone - NOT emailing.

Number one - STOP emailing and give them a call. Problem will likely by solved that easy!

I have bought from them numerous times - no problem. If you don't like doing business with them anymore then don't. But there's no sense in adopting an adversarial relationship without talking to someone - NOT emailing.

Something I learned in a seminar setting the other night- Communication = phone call or face to face. Nothing in writing counts as real communication.

Thanks, been there, done that. Salesman said more or less “Gosh I thought that would have been shipped already, let me check with shipping.” Then nothing comes back. I call shipping and get a recording, ask for shipping boss Doug to call me about it, never get a call back. The emails now are to create a record that I asked. Leaving voicemails doesn’t give me a record unfortunately. Yes I’ve ceased doing biz there, would just like to collect what I’ve paid for. I always paid promptly for what I bought, don’t know any reason they’d fail to extend what’s generally thought of as minimal customer service, but since that’s the situation, I’m done there.

I was over there yesterday. Crazy place but I have found good to do business with. They are kind of picky about working with a particular salesman. I think I would keep after whatever salesman you delt with for the purchase. I doubt you will get any place trying to deal with shipping directly.

I ask here because I’m not getting info from the place. Bought an expensive ($5K)item there nearly a month ago, paid for item and shipping. To date have not been able to determine when they intend to ship it, and if return term starts at time of purchase, I’m already SOL. No idea why they aren’t providing answers to questions I’ve emailed and receipt of emails was confirmed. Would they be tricky enough to run out my 30-day return time period by simply delaying shipment? I’m no longer buying there but would at least like to get what I’ve paid for “timely.”

Must be different systems but I'd never buy anything that expensive and pay in advance.

When I order something I get an invoice informing the due date of payment. As something expensive is sent with a tracking number we both know when sent and delivery date.

Must be different systems but I'd never buy anything that expensive and pay in advance

You would here. We make items to order and they cost about that much, so it's payable in full before we cut metal. We don't just ship on somebody's purchase order and send an invoice. You learn that the hard way. For trusted clients it might be payable at time of shipment, but the funds will be in the account before it leaves.

Must be different systems but I'd never buy anything that expensive and pay in advance.

I’ve never (before) had a problem paying in full prior to shipment of things I’ve bought, doing that is very common in the US, particularly if you are dealing with an established domestic business.

Checking their website more carefully, I found this which may answer my basic question:

“HGR Policies – Returns
Return Policy – Our Guarantee
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return it within 30 days of the date of the order, freight pre-paid, for a full refund.”

So, yes, long delays in shipment like the one I’ve experienced will prevent returns. The “order date” for the $5K item they haven’t shipped yet was 12/15/17, so my decision to investigate this more thoroughly came about a week too late. They billed me for shipping and I paid on January 4, which of course makes no difference. Live and learn, or read the fine print before it is too late.

But in all fairness, even if they intentionally delayed shipment to prevent a return, the salesman helped me check out the item right after I bought it, I asked him to get more photos of the item so I could see certain items clearly, and he had to go to the item three different times when the photos didn’t show what I needed to see. Item was a propane forklift and I needed to see hour meter and chain take-up bolt remaining thread length, and repeat photo trips were needed for the latter, a hard-to-see area. After I determined it was in running condition except for battery, had very low hours, and had bolt threads remaining, I have pretty good confidence that it’ll work ok here, if it ever gets here that is.

Last edited:

When I order something I get an invoice informing the due date of payment. As something expensive is sent with a tracking number we both know when sent and delivery date.

Yet you expect someone to send an item worth that much with no $?

I would find it much more likely to get stiffed for payment, than for someone to not send you an item.

This theme seems previlant on this site.
"No parts 'till payment!"

So the customer is still hoping that the parts are good, and if they aint, they don't have much to hold over your head for repair or replacement....

It goes both ways.
Somebody is taking risk.

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Has been over a month now that I paid, have asked a couple more times and gotten same answer from salesman “they’re still looking for a truck.” Nice to know that but at this point a more detailed explanation would help, but as another poster pointed out, customers are not expected (not allowed?) to communicate with the shipping dept., apparently the reason my calls there go unanswered. They do get a 25% better freight rate than I can get or I’d arrange my own freight. I drove to pickup there once myself but large trailer rental, fuel, tolls, motel, meals added up to more than their rate, plus two days of my time were down the drain.

912ADC03-C6CA-4DA6-9D6C-D0E9756945CA.jpgTruck arrived today with the fork and other stuff. Got fork started and drove it off, everything works ok, was obviously well-maintained since all fluids were full and clean, change dates written on filters, etc. The maintenance/operation manual came with it, a good thing, forklift manuals can be hard to get and expensive when you do find them.

Back