What's new
What's new

Ask me anything screw thread related

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to work for IT so who knows. I'm sure most of you work with screw threads at one time or another.

Any questions should be on practical things such as screw thread types and tolerances. Of course I don’t know everything on threads so maybe others will pitch (no pun intended :)) in.

With a bit of luck Mike Rainey might pop in from time to time. I’ve no hesitation in admitting I use his program often.

Ask me anything screw thread related . . .

Of course I don’t know everything on threads

Serious?

To some it seems as if the fact that this thread might help members is less important than "having a go" at me.

Suggestion to Ox. Delete posts 2, 3, 4 and this one or simply delete the thread.

What is the thread size on a 5 gallon metal gas can snozzle? Nothing in the hardware store matches it.

To some it seems as if the fact that this thread might help members is less important than "having a go" at me.

Suggestion to Ox. Delete posts 2, 3, 4 and this one or simply delete the thread.

Maybe Ox should just walk down the hill, and delete all the threads.....:D

This seems to work for IT so who knows. I'm sure most of you work with screw threads at one time or another.

Any questions should be on practical things such as screw thread types and tolerances. Of course I don’t know everything on threads so maybe others will pitch (no pun intended :)) in.

With a bit of luck Mike Rainey might pop in from time to time. I’ve no hesitation in admitting I use his program often.

I have 2 Starrett thread micrometers. One is for 8-13 tpi and the other is for 14-20 tpi. How do I measure a thread that is 13.5 tpi?

Well this sure turned into a screwy thread....

Come on fella's, he was only trying to help. I understand that nobody had a question today, and if they did have - they are prolly scared to ask it now.... But nobody gave the fella with the "Ask me anything IT related" thread any grief...

Cut Gord some slack. (this time)

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The old US Jeep cans use a 2" npt thread but straight not tapered with a flat rubber gasket. I think steel drums use the same. My air compressor tank uses something like that but a cast iron plug because of the pressure and an O-ring.
Bill D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back