What's new
What's new

Does anyone use Sentry Insurance

WDW

Aluminum
We are looking at switching to Sentry insurance I was wondering if anyone uses them or has experience good or bad. They say they specialize in manufacturing. One of the big reasons is they say they there policy covers machine repairs due to un expected breakage? Seems too good to be true. I have tried searching the web but cant find much.

I use them. They informed me this year that they are expanding my coverage and reducing my premium I have to pay. Not bad in my opinion. So far I never made a claim so I cannot speak in that regard. But I have also heard a lot of good about them and so far they have been easy to deal with and annual audit is much easier than my former insurance provider.

we use them. Have never had a claim and and happy with the service we have received.

Since we are getting into more expensive equipment the accident coverage is important. Never had to use it but our broker has our confidence.

I've been with Sentry for 13 or 14 yrs? A bunch years my premiums stayed the same or went down. I've never seen a big jump in cost. I had one claim on a machine repair years ago when I was really cash strapped. Premo stayed the same. They seem very thorough. My agent really knows his stuff and is always happy to help.

I have used Sentry for 10 years now. The paid a $30k workers comp claim without any fuss or increase in premiums. But they also denied a $14k storm damage claim when my roof was damaged. Because they had my building as rented when we actually owned it. Apparently our fault that we didn't tell them ... but I wasn't pleased with them weaseling out of that.

I've had terrible terrible agents. One I even had to call the police on when he basically assaulted my receptionist. I've also had many years where I didn't have an agent. My current agent complains that all I do is call him when there is a problem. Which drives me nuts. That's his fucking job. That is what he gets paid for. I don't want him to be my friend.

I am shopping insurance for 2018. There is a good chance I will stay with Sentry, but it seems negligent not to see what my options are now. My independent broker who wrote my farm says that once you get past about 3 years of business history, it is much easier to find coverage.

-Jim

we use them. Have never had a claim and and happy with the service we have received.

I'm sorta confused.
You've never had a claim, but you're happy with the service
you've received...
What service have you received other than they've been good
about taking your money?
Many, many insurance profit institutions, er, "providers" these days are just fine until you have a claim. At that point, they turn into weasels, do all they can to deny your claim, and pretend they never knew you.

But they also denied a $14k storm damage claim when my roof was damaged. Because they had my building as rented when we actually owned it. Apparently our fault that we didn't tell them ... but I wasn't pleased with them weaseling out of that.

LOL! So just because THEY listed your building as rented, that's YOUR fault?
That's the sort of thing lawyers like to get involved in (so everybody but you can make some money on the incident).

My current agent complains that all I do is call him when there is a problem.

LOL X2!
Are you serious??
Get rid of THAT idiot ASAP

Insurance companies = scum.
I rest my case.

LOL! So just because THEY listed your building as rented, that's YOUR fault?
That's the sort of thing lawyers like to get involved in (so everybody but you can make some money on the incident).

My moron "business manager" never informed them when we went renting the building to owning the building. So we had renters insurance on it, but not owners insurance. It was one of the smaller things that the "business manager" fucked up. But she was really good and hiding her incompetence.

-Jim

We use them. Prices are fine, haven't had a claim so I can't say how they are there. We've been through a bunch of agents, some good some bad. I think they pay their agents straight commission and burn through them, but the back end people are good.

Had them for 15 years, they know machine shops. Early on, I had a $10K spindle crash.They paid with no hassle, no rise in rates.
No complaints.

Sentry tailored itself to serve the machine shop business back in the 70's or 80's, who knows maybe even before that. That's probably one of the reasons most shops are insured by them. Also they have alot of cool free stuff they give out. Make sure you inquire.

I'm sure they cover many auto garages too.

I've had them for 8 years now. Crashed a probe 3-4 years back, and they covered a new one without hassle. Only problem I've had is my premiums go up 10-15% a year like clockwork. For a dinky business like mine it's starting to get painful. Time to start shopping around.

Eric U

Really??
Free?
That's important fer sure!
What grade are you in now, sixth or seventh?

Well actually now that you mention it I was in sixth or seventh grade when I was given my first freebie by the salesman for Wayne Steel. It was a green graph lined note pad.I used to have to go to work with my Pop and so being the shop gopher and deburrer and coffee maker and door watcher I met alot of salesmen and have seen many different marketing tools and freebies.

I make sure that all freebies get passed to the guys in the shop & office and it makes for a good break in the day-Haas Tee shirts & hats and Blaser & Houghton hats and Sentry socket wrench sets (Snap-On) and MSC Nascar hats along with Travers breath mints. Oh and Robert-James clip boards the set-up and program guys like those. And the 2 gig memory keys come in handy too. They usually end up in the on some kids computer along with the vendor's downloadable catalog.

Back