What's new
What's new

Dumb Questions

That's actually a fairly decent editorial.. It really lands under "management", and I believe
it could be taken a little further.

Its how you get people to take ownership of what they are doing.. Even if you already know
the answer.. Make them come up with it.. Then they OWN IT!!! Even if you have to steer them
to the correct answer, let them think its THEIR OWN IDEA... Then they will make sure it works,
and it works well...

Manipulation/Management 101.

I had a night shift working-supervisor who used to get on my nerves at first, when he'd turn me away, sending me back to gather more information on whatever "issue" I brought to him.

Me: "My part's warped - what do you want me to do?"
Him: "How much?"
Me: "I don't know..."
Him: "Go back and use your indicator and find out..."

Frustrating at first, but it made me a better machinist, and a better problem-worker-through'er pretty quick.

Definitely a good topic. The only thing to be mindful of - does the guy I'm turning away have enough sense to keep from hurting himself, someone else, or any equipment? If so, then definitely good for everyone to have them at least "think through" the issue & possible solutions. Good advise for me to remember as well - to keep from being "that guy" to my own bosses...

But But But ! Google Don't know, and I asked at Practical machinist, and they made fun of me.....:bawling:

Handheld worldwide access is making people lazy....In better news, it has had NO effect on
Dogs.....:D

When i was first hired into a machine shop i was told by a more experienced person that when i have a question to ask my manager/team lead/boss to try to come up with my own solution first and to convey that to my superior. That way they would know i thought about my problem before bugging them.

Handheld worldwide access is making people lazy....In better news, it has had NO effect on Dogs.....:D

See that red button on the left ? Can you click that one ? I think it's an article about lamb-taste kibbles ... oh no ! wait ! is that a piece on ear-scratching without dislocating your paw ? I want to read that first ...

foodsearch.jpg

See that red button on the left ? Can you click that one ? I think it's an article about lamb-taste kibbles ... oh no ! wait ! is that a piece on ear-scratching without dislocating your paw ? I want to read that first ...

View attachment 208846

I had heard rumors that the Chinese were working on breeding a dog with opposable thumbs....

Good article! I think i will start using this when i think someone is asking me a lazy question in the future.

I had heard rumors that the Chinese were working on breeding a dog with opposable thumbs....

That's solid info. Furthermore, the reason they're doing so is because there's a high demand amongst millenials for a breed that will be able to take it's own "selfies". Gonna be a damn goldmine for the Chinese.

Ha. Far past that, we've got voice control ...

"Woof ! Woof !"

okay, five o'clock, get your leash and we'll go for your walk ...

"Rrrowf ! woof woof WOOF !"

okay okay, here's dinner ....

"grrrrr. woof woof. grrrr."

Mmm. Sorry, that's all we have. I s'pose you want me to go over to Mickey D's and get you a couple hamburger patties again, hunh ?"

"woofwoof ! woof !"

okay okay, with cheese.

"rrrrowf !"

No, you stay home. Last time you knocked over that little kid and stole his french fries. I'll be back in a few, try not to break anything while I'm gone ...

Ha. Far past that, we've got voice control ...

Far past?

That's your standard everyday Husky.
WTF.gif

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I once had an employee who got REALLY mad because I wouldn't tell him where the other end of the air hose was....
He was pissed, because I Could have done it faster, and save him the time..

The other end of the air hose!!!!!!!
Think about that...

Back