What's new
What's new

New Building

PBMW

Titanium
We are moving in June to a new building. 9200 sq ft
Finally we are going to have room to spread out a little.
DSCN1350.jpg

DSCN1379.jpg

I just got the official floor plan. it's not 9200 ft. It's 10780ft.

Last edited:
A division of Extrude Hone is there right now. They were doing work for the Navy
Yes the ceiling is pretty high. We are planning to do a partial second floor to put stores up there. I'm leasing 3000 ft of it for two years to a guy that is doing defence contracting. there is an upstairs with 8 offices that he's taking and one bay on the far end. There's room to move!

Congrats Jim.
All these new machines and buildings get me fired up!

That place is almost big enough to house all my inserts and end mills.

(It's O.K. to dream, right?) ;)

I'm leasing 3000 ft of it for two years to a guy that is doing defence contracting.
I don't suppose you're getting it for $.50 sqft? That seems to be the going rate for "warehouse" space around here. The office space, otoh, will run you anywhere from $1.00 to $6.00 sqft.:toetap: Dang I hate that price difference! Your sub-letter is leasing most of the office space, right?;)

Good on you in regards to the comparitor.

In your 1st pic, the outside one, it looks wet there.

It rains in the Pacific Northwest? Who'da thunk it? Actually, that looks like a rather dry day up there, comparatively speaking. ;)

Nice,
I get asked that question all the time...why do you need such a high roof? :willy_nilly:
Because, the real estate straight up is cheap!
By the way, did you just hose down the parking lot for the pictures? Because I heard that it doesn't rain out there...right?? :D
Gary

I think I'd watch that overhang there! Looks like it is all set-up to doo some nasty winter damage to hoods! :eek:

Glad your heating that vacant ceiling and not me.

---------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

There are a couple of Reznor heaters on the ceiling. But the lights heat it nicely. They haven't had to use the heaters in a long time.

In your 1st pic, the outside one, it looks wet there.

It rains in the Pacific Northwest? Who'da thunk it? Actually, that looks like a rather dry day up there, comparatively speaking. ;)
The problem for Jim is that it only rains on his side of the state. Over here on the East side of the Cascade mountains, we average about 50" less rain per year! Seriously, where I live, average yearly rain fall is only 7.5", equal to that of Phoenix! No need for dehumidifiers in my shop.

Air handleing system. Put in by a guy about five years ago that had a plasma cutter.

I think the actual shop area is actually 10,780. There are 6 bays 55 x 28. One of which is two story (that would be the offices). Works out to a little less than $.75 a foot. But it has about 85 cfm of air (rotary screw compressor) hard plumbed. 1200 amps of 480 3ph. Another 600 amps of 208 3ph, sprinklers, alarm, phone system, T1 lines, 12 offices. Carpet and all the work stations (16) come with the building.
I took a 5 year lease with a 5 year option. After that, I'm retireing to my house in Hawaii.

So how big are those doors? The high ceiling makes them maybe look smaller than they are? (Yes, I've been contemplating machines that won't fit in my shop.... Lusting after space with doors suitable for an aircraft hanger.)

The door on the front of the building is where my horizontal will enter at...
I think the two at the loading docks are 10 ft high
The other two I think are wither 12 ft or 14 ft.
Prolly 12 ft tall.
Plenty of room to get machines in.

Man that is big time, great to see you growing and doing so well. More pics when you get a chance especially of those new machines, horizontals and what not you are getting.

Dave

Back