What's new
What's new

Fabricating . com ..... has anyone else been contacted by them?

masome

Hot Rolled
Someone has been calling me for the past couple of weeks trying to get me to start a profile on their website. It is supposed to connect US buyers with US suppliers. I dont' have much else to add just curious if this is another MFG.com, but they dont' seem to be trying to sell me on a membership, so I don't know.

fabricating.com

I think they might be worth a shot. We signed up as a supplier, so I see a number of RFQs for small jobs come through my email. Unfortunately we're not really a machine shop, as in it's not our main business, so we haven't bid on anything. Our machinist is busy on a long-term project, so he can't really take on outside work right now.

Since the website is new, I believe there is currently no membership fee. YMMV.

David

I keep waiting for them to pop the membership fee on me, but I will feel them out and see what comes of it. I missed the demo I was supposed to have on Friday so we will see.

Either of you guys get anywhere with fabricating.com? I submitted a quote and have been emailing to customer via Fabricating.com. Still waiting to see.

Chris

I just sat through the demo last week. I still have to set up my profile. It seems like it should be a good avenue, but time will tell.

Anyone with updates regarding their recent experience with Fabricating.com? I spoke at length with one of the managing partners yesterday after creating a free profile on the site yesterday morning. This person was very professional and seemed quite knowledgeable about the difficulties that small shops face in terms of reaching "good-fit" buyers, as well as very experienced with closing those deals and showed a sincere willingness to assist me in that department. Although the initial investment is slightly intimidating for my small shop and obviously, no guarantees can be made about gaining business, I'm considering membership. Any experienced comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Anyone with updates regarding their recent experience with Fabricating.com? I spoke at length with one of the managing partners yesterday after creating a free profile on the site yesterday morning. This person was very professional and seemed quite knowledgeable about the difficulties that small shops face in terms of reaching "good-fit" buyers, as well as very experienced with closing those deals and showed a sincere willingness to assist me in that department. Although the initial investment is slightly intimidating for my small shop and obviously, no guarantees can be made about gaining business, I'm considering membership. Any experienced comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Why don't you disclose the price, I am sure we are all curious. I honestly think anyone that tries to get a lot of money upfront or a long term contract has ZERO incentive to help you find work. Unfortunately all the places over the years with month to month plans or a percentage of gross have folded up quick, that tells you something. Looks like they have survived at least 3 years according to this thread a lot of places trying the MFG Quote format didn't last that long.

$5400 a year is insane. (I get emails from Fabricating weekly)

Margins on the type of work you will find on sites like this are already too low, before there is another hand in the pot.
This fuels the "competitive quoting fire".
Stoking the race to the bottom!

It's been a long, long time since generals led the attack so I'd wait and see what others experience. I get an offer as good as every week from someone saying he'll help for example improve my website and who obviously has never even seen it. If he had he'd know at least the name of the person to contact.

Wow!,aren't the MFG.com thieves less that that now?

A New Start Up so they are going to Skim the Cream...

...till word gets out, then they will off discounts and "One Time Deals" followed by more "One time Deals" and free trials...but you cannot bid or see results then it becomes take what they can get.

I used them the very first year they started and got one customer out of it (a good one at that) but the next couple of years nothing. I finally cut my ties with them.

Are there any websites out there like MFG.com worth it?

We are trying just to get our name out to every possible avenue to bring work in.

Thanks,
Sharon

Back