What's new
What's new

lathe,mill,quality? advice for student

anthonyt

Plastic
Hi i'm tony 47 yrs old, been in drywall construction for 32 yrs, ripped one of my biceps completely off a arm stocking sheetrock in a job going on 2 yrs ago, i work for myself doing small jobs for the last several yrs. doing all phases of drywall hang sheetrock,tape,mud,texture,sand,clean up ready for paint. very high quality and attention to details i get the job done the first time around. stay clean & professional. since i ripped the biceps i have had to sub out the hanging sheetrock part, and finding guys stealing jobs from me and of coarse they want more money then i make to do one aspect of the job. So now i am in a very compressed cnc machinist coarse at a local community tech school. shop/machinist math & blue print reading currently. next i enter phase 2 and must pick between lathe, milling, quality control, & stamping for the very quick and basic hands on part of this one yr long fast tracked coarse. i thought lathe as first choice or milling ???? i figure i will be shoveling shit and sweeping floors ect. but i would like to be a set up, programer cnc swiss? eventually. i have a 5 yr plan to 20 bucks a hr? if you can offer advice on the best choice to pick to specialize in for future job availability and getting in at my age, and what do you think of my 5 yr plan realistic? anything you say will be valued. thanks tony in minneapolis mn.

Hi i'm tony 47 yrs old, been in drywall construction for 32 yrs, ripped one of my biceps completely off a arm stocking sheetrock in a job going on 2 yrs ago, i work for myself doing small jobs for the last several yrs. doing all phases of drywall hang sheetrock,tape,mud,texture,sand,clean up ready for paint. very high quality and attention to details i get the job done the first time around. stay clean & professional. since i ripped the biceps i have had to sub out the hanging sheetrock part, and finding guys stealing jobs from me and of coarse they want more money then i make to do one aspect of the job. So now i am in a very compressed cnc machinist coarse at a local community tech school. shop/machinist math & blue print reading currently. next i enter phase 2 and must pick between lathe, milling, quality control, & stamping for the very quick and basic hands on part of this one yr long fast tracked coarse. i thought lathe as first choice or milling ???? i figure i will be shoveling shit and sweeping floors ect. but i would like to be a set up, programer cnc swiss? eventually. i have a 5 yr plan to 20 bucks a hr? if you can offer advice on the best choice to pick to specialize in for future job availability and getting in at my age, and what do you think of my 5 yr plan realistic? anything you say will be valued. thanks tony in minneapolis mn.

Lathe guys are harder to find than Mill guys. I'd go lathe.

Back