What's new
What's new

Help me price these machines

aeternum

Plastic
Hi. Due to certain events I've recently taken the reins of the family business, a machine shop. We agreed on selling the machines and the building.

I'm having a hard time pricing the three CNC machines,and maybe you could help me by saying how much you think they're worth. The machines are:

1. Mori Seiki Frontier L2 CNC Lathe (1998): 15 HP, max diam. to be turned is 520 mm.IMG_20170626_080627918.jpg
2. Lagun GBM-18 CNC Bed mill (2002): 15 HP, max weight in table 2500kgs, table size 1800x700 mm.IMG_20170706_103059174.jpg
3. Fadal VMC 4020 FX CNC (2008): 15 HP, 10k rpm, table size 1200x500 mm, umbrella ATC.IMG_20170706_103200477.jpg

These machines have never been crashed. They've been heavily under used (slow feeds, slow spindle speeds). The only one showing some wear on the bedmight be the Mori Seiki.

I don't have a reference price other that what they were bought for, and I don't know the market well enough as to know what would be a reasonable asking price.

I appreciate any comments. THank you.

Look for completed sales on E-bay. Your location will determine a lot of the market and I don't think we have any members of consequence in Venezuela. That is probably why no responses so far.

What the others said.

A Real rough ballpark guesstimate, 1/4 - 1/3 what was paid new, depending on everything. Did I mention its a real rough ballpark.

Look used ones up online to use as a barometer.

FYI- rarely has a used machine for sale ever cut anything but Alum or Plastic. They are also never crashed, ALWAYS conservatively run for the occasional prototype. I'm sure your machines are as you said...but to most people buying they hear the car was only used on occasion by my little old grandmother to pick up milk.

This raises a question, based on the terrible conditions in the OP's location (financially & politically)

Can the machines be exported OUT of the country ?
How about payment ?

Or do the machines have to stay "in country" ?

Back