What's new
What's new

Hiring undocumented workers

Hbjj

Cast Iron
Obviously there's money to be made by hiring an undocumented worker

How is it cheaper

And how is it done

They wouldn't be here if they couldn't get a job and they wouldn't get a job if it was more expensive to hire them

Apart from being illegal, I would say it's one of those occasions where ;- If you have to ask how it's done, it's not for you. ...let alone on an open forum :rolleyes5:

Easy, drive to any place where construction trades frequent, they stand outside for day-labor work.

Just don't be surprised if some valuable stuff goes missing on a regular basis. Oh, and then they know where you are. And can come back at a later time with a bunch of friends and rob you blind.

I'm not saying that all are like that, but how are you going to vet the good from the bad when you're hiring undocumented workers?

You might want to read this before committing to your train of thought: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/penalties-for-employers-hiring-illegal-immigrants.html

Usually it's just cash for work with no paperwork, withholding or anything else required by government for "normal" hires. It ends up costing less for the employer and the workers just want untraceable, untaxable cash.

What the amnesty crowd can't seem to understand is that as soon as any of them get legal status the employers would replace them with the next batch of illegals.

In my attempt to be politically correct I must have came off as sounding like I wanted to hire these workers

NOT THE CASE

To be clear I don't own a shop yet although I am acquiring the machines and working on a prototype product that will have a VERY small market if and when I get this going it will be a one man show

I've recently been involved in a auto accident with a undocumented person and with last night's mall shooting I'm trying to understand how the system works
20160817_071153.jpg

Very easy problem to solve, enact a law with a grace period making it a felony & arrest for any person or company who hires a illegal. When there are no jobs available they will go back home. The reason these illegals are in demand is cheap labor and democratic votes.

In my attempt to be politically correct I must have came off as sounding like I wanted to hire these workers

NOT THE CASE

To be clear I don't own a shop yet although I am acquiring the machines and working on a prototype product that will have a VERY small market if and when I get this going it will be a one man show

I've recently been involved in a auto accident with a undocumented person and with last night's mall shooting I'm trying to understand how the system works
View attachment 181059

Okay, point taken - as to how it works? ....it's the grey or black economy, no paper work and cash - like drug dealing.

As for the undocumented / illegal immigrants, they fly under the radar all the time, keeping their heads down and mainly dealing with their own kind or those who know how to exploit them, they're constantly watching over their shoulders and fearing the knock on the door.

As to your car crash, I don't know your laws or the situation, ........ but if the guy wants to settle in cash and no questions asked - I'd be tempted to go for that as I wouldn't want his buddies on my back for bubbling him with the law.

NOT THE CASE

View attachment 181059

Big question is who was at fault. I don't know how you determined they were "undocumented" vs just not willing to show auto registration etc. but I would still contact your insurer anyway. Some of these guys will try to keep you from filing a report and then claim injuries. Very common scam in some cultures.

hard to see in these pictures but the car was totaled he hit me hard enough to break my seat and drive me forward into the back of a flatbed truck
the car is about 4 inches shorter now than it was
20160818_081809.jpg20160817_071209.jpg
I was quite shaken up by the double whammy hit
it took me a minute to come to my senses and remember that I needed to get my phone/ wallet and my gun and get off the highway I had a heck of a time getting my door open and I started to get angry until my feet hit the ground and I realize that I was in pain and my back hurt and I was seeing Stars and I needed to go sit down so I sat in the brush on the side of the highway and waited for the ambulance

Anyway I'm okay my insurance company is going to make me whole on the car but no lost time
I'll probably lose about $1,000 in the whole deal
The young man that hit me was driving a very nice 3 Series BMW and I doubt very much he paid for it by working under the table

I knew a small shop near Phila. that hired eastern European illegals to do assembly and warehouse work. There was a 'wrangler' who arranged the hires and took care of paying the workers, The shop paid the woman who did the wrangling. There's could be a whole network of people involved behind that driver,

The young man that hit me was driving a very nice 3 Series BMW and I doubt very much he paid for it by working under the table

They have different priorities. About 2004 there were some undocumented workers doing work on the building I was in. They arrived on site in a Cadillac Escalade Ext. Their family made it a priority to have a fancy car, but they didn't live in nice quarters.

You think *our* country is obsessed with material wealth, the imports have it just as bad!

There is a mobile home park that I drive by occasionally, most of the people I see are Hispanic. Fair number of pretty nice vehicles parked next to beat to hell mobile homes.

To the OP - Usually the employer gets to pay sub-standard wages, and just doesn't look too carefully at whatever ID paperwork is presented.

Steve

It's really all prospective. The only thing illegal about an illegal is: they didn't follow any of the laws to get here , they don't volunteer to pay taxes, and a few other things. But if you listen to a certain talk show host the Bank of Amigo (sponsored by John McCain) will lobby the gov to keep them here to sign their name or someone's name to pay 20 - 35% on a credit cards and vote democrat.

:leaving:

I agree around here there is a saying
Mess with the bean get the whole burrito
And 1k is hardly worth the time and effort to sue somebody that doesn't even really exist

See what happens and play it by ear, ..........over here, in similar situation it's not unknown for ''the family'' of migrants / whatever , to get together and ''pay off'' the injured party, .....you know - Kinda ''We're very sorry but these things happen '' etc etc ''no need to involve the law etc etc '' then ''would £XXX cover it''

I know of 2 people who've had that happen, and have been more than satisfied with the outcome, .......one told me ;- they could haven't have been nicer, .........anything than get the law etc etc etc involved.

There is a mobile home park that I drive by occasionally, most of the people I see are Hispanic. Fair number of pretty nice vehicles parked next to beat to hell mobile homes.

Think about it a little, you can't buy a real home, land registry, taxes, mortgages, nosy neighbours ETC. Hence living some were cheap you have realtifly speaking masses of disposable income. Small personal goods get nicked, but your cars sorta a safe haven. Its a completely different life style and what does not make sense based on yours does there.

Its also worth remembering whilst most of them don't get a very high hourly rate, with no taxes, they will all work long long hours, hence they still have a decent total income after basic living cost.

One of my ex employers was big on illegals, we ended up being raided, was the quietest i have ever heard the place, 2/3rds+ the people there disappeared into the fields - woods in seconds, so many grinders - machines spooling down suddenly and all at once it was spooky. Immigration were the biggest bunch of clowns going, all us remaining true brits got read our rights, i tried to convince em i was from some were warm tropical and sunny, but they were not having it, my Jamaican ascent just was not good enough and apparently no Jamaican could be that white and pale :-(!! Hence instead of being deported some were nice i got left there in the cold :-(

My experience, 99% of illegals just want to live some were safe, raise - support a family and get on with life. There more than happy to work hard to achieve that. Like in most fringes of society, its a great place to hide if your upto no good! Weather that be drug peddling or terrorist based.

As to the whole Mexican - America border wall thing, IMHO your disillusion if you think it will work. If you truly want to address the drug problems, the terrorism problems, you need look a lot deeper and fix why a significant chunk of society is so broken. A wall won't stop it. Will just make every drug a bit more expensive!

It's really all prospective. The only thing illegal about an illegal is: they didn't follow any of the laws to get here , they don't volunteer to pay taxes, and a few other things. But if you listen to a certain talk show host the Bank of Amigo (sponsored by John McCain) will lobby the gov to keep them here to sign their name or someone's name to pay 20 - 35% on a credit cards and vote democrat.

:leaving:

Amnesty and they will pay taxes...WHAT A CROCK OF BULLSHIT WE ARE BEING FED ON THIS ONE. As soon as they start filing taxes they will be eligible for the child tax credit. The treasury will never see a dime and every one of them gets a check from the gov for each child. All on the back of the rest of us.

Back