What's new
What's new

IMTS dates?

Ox

Diamond
Starting just yesterdee I am now able to see the ads up top for some reason?

Anyway - I see that the dates for IMTS are NOT over the weekend this yr. What's with that?

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The exhibitors have been complaining about the high costs associated with the long show, so I guess IMTS finally listened and shortened the show to 6 days from 8 making the weekend dates unneccesary.

So now I hafta take fri off werk? :angry:

I loved the sat/sun thing!

Gotta start a new tradition this yr I guess?

"high cost"?

After paying the stupid high costs for McCormick, bribing and dealing with all the bloody union werkers - uh - employees I mean, I just don't see how an extree cpl days of werking the booths and staying in Chi Town are even gunna show up on the spreadsheet?

Complaining aboot not being home over the weekend - I can believe - even it is their job.

---------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

starting on a Monday and ending on Saturday screws up two weekends, so those staying the whole show are probably pissed this year, except the foreigners who get a free vacation. And this will probably cost many exhibitors more since setup and breakdown are now both on premium weekend time instead of standard weekday rates as years in the past.

The two extra days are two more days the salesmen are not out selling as well as the additional costs of being there for little gain. The feeling of many people is the show is too long and can be shortened. At many of these shows there are long dead times and by reducing it by a couple days, the remaining days are more productive, at least in theory. We will see how that turns out this year.

A salesman for one of the majors told me it was much more along Mbensema's line. Apparently after EMO was shortened the attendance went UP.

Given that at least some of them will have "sales meetings" before the event, and perhaps other stuff after, so it's a long haul regardless...

Back