Increasing employees "drive" and "enthusiasm" to work - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well here is who I listen to and read to be the best employee I can be for my employers. The funny thing is though, the more I listened and read, I actually began to realize that I was really a good employee and I had terrible employers.

Dave ramsey’s Entreleadership
    Chris locurto’s podcast

Before you dive into the deep end with people opinions on forums, check out Chris And Dave. If you do not want to read, then at least listen to them. Dave is on the air daily. Chris has a podcast. I have listened to every one of Chris’s podcasts more than twice since 2009. He is that good! If not Dave, then at least Chris Locurto!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WOW!!!

The ant fable so perfectly describes my previous employer it is incredible!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked for an aerospace company as a chemist back in my previous career. The supervisor never found one occasion to praise employees for anything. Well, there was a 5S award for cleanest cubicle a certain number of months in a row. Customer wanted a test done in 10 days, and you did it in 7? Customer thanks you, but the boss wants it done in 5 next time. Parts sent to my home on Saturday morning for me to run over the weekend? Oh, you mean you WOULDN'T delight a customer, ever? Never fast enough, never good enough. I am not the type of person that needs continual praise and celebration in order to keep me mentally stable. An occasional "Thank you for your work on a really difficult project" once in awhile wouldn't have killed anyone to say.