What's new
What's new

Volume discounts

RedBaron

Aluminum
How do you approach discounts in your business, especially volume purchase? A percentage off, or figure wholesale and add up from there? Assuming an established product with no prototyping, no special requests. Do you dare advertise volume discounts, or keep it on "don't tell them unless they ask" policy?

Discount off a single (minimum) order, and/or discount off annual sales ?

Any other discounts, such as an association membership, senior citizen, veteran? People do ask these things.

Thanks,

G

My price list is arranged so that several prices are shown with discounts being applied for volume. It is totals 4 columns.

I find it encourages people to spend more with us and the big customers know what we are capable of and smaller customers dont bust as many chops to get the cheapest price.

Jason

I dont offer any discounts on my products but there is little reason to buy more than one. The cnc shop that does some of my work gives me huge breaks if I do giant runs. They like to keep the machine busy all day so if I can order enough parts to let them run all day I get smokin deals but I also get way more parts than I can use, I have inventory for a couple of years on some things because of this. I dont mind holding lots of inventory though.

Back