What's new
What's new

Ot- How many owners working this Labor Day?

I was going to be in the shop, but then I decided it was time for a "vacation" while the weather is still good. So I finally put gutter leaf guards on the new shop, cleaned and inspected/fixed all the gutters/guards on the house too(darn good thing I did too after 7yrs), swept the chimney(not fun), split a couple cords of wood, cut 5 trees down and got those all cleaned and ready to split too(cutting another dozen next weekend), and even had time to have a little visit with some lovely neighbors/bbq and such. My legs are dead now from going up down and moving scaffolding all around about 20 times to reach every gutter.
Was gonna get back in the shop tonight but I'll rest a few hours while making my todo list and shopping list for the week and get at her early morning. So overall a great weekend/labor day. T'was nice to get a little fresh air.

Yep, work from home so it's not too hard.

I am always interested in what others are making so here is what I am working on today, and why I am working today. First photo is parts after the second op, second photo is fixture ready for the second op, far more parts than that in the background to go. Third photo is part of the reason I am working today, fixture and clamp modifications. My fixtures bow if I don't clamp the parts evenly so I made it so tightening one screw works both clamps, the easy way. No more bowing and I cleaned up the reference surfaces on the fixture. I made the fixture on another machine with a 5c indexer for the 4th about 10 years ago. I now have a "new" mill with a real 4th and the fixture wasn't quite as accurate as I would like. Did the fixture and clamp work on Saturday, chased a wondering drill on Sunday, replaced the wondering drill with a really nice Guhring carbide stub drill and everything is working just fine. I am doing about 38 parts an hour so now I just have to put the hours in.

L1.jpgL2.jpgL3.jpg

Not working today, but it's not only owners that work holidays folks! Spent a few holidays at the shop as a salaried employee...

Finishing up some neat little aerospace parts.
should be also working on my gun project..but being lazy on the net instead

I worked every day for the last six weeks and really every day for quite a while except for a week in july to take my wife to see here father in florida. Took the weekend off.

Been in the shop today, just off the clock. Kept the gate closed and parked out of view. Days like this are the only time I can "sneak" in and get a few things done. I try to save my pet projects for three day weekends.

Here's today's actually. Working on a Thank You gift for my dad. That's him holding my nephew in the photo.
IMG_4427.jpg

Yupper, was thinking about this earlier. Spent a good 8 in the shop. Was able to update some programs, get some parts run, and only a few support calls/distractions. So it was a satisfying day. :)
Happy Labor Day! :)

Yeah- I had a good day as well- quiet and no one around so I could concentrate.
Not out of the woods yet but I finally got this project under control.

Haven't had work in months ( part time ) but finally had a job come in on Thursday, due this coming Wednesday. Worked Saturday and Sunday, finished up Sunday night. Made some money AND had Monday off!

A little 17-4 in the trunnion action.

20160904_155340.jpg

Yup, In the wood shop and machine shop except for time to mow grass on Sunday after church. It was my brother's wedding anniversary on Saturday so I made him take time to take his wife out to dinner. They ended up going to a movie too. Meanwhile I watched his two older boys. They came down and helped me sort through the last bunch of auction gets. Monday I knocked out the first of several decorative panels.

Dan

Attachments

• 20160903_191732.jpg
    20160903_191732.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 20160905_185530.jpg
    20160905_185530.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 99
Happy to say I left work almost early Friday and did not return till this morning.

Three days off and boy its good to be back at work!

Worked at boat till dark Friday.

Hurricane prediction for Sunday had us alter Sunday BBQ to Saturday...so wife couldn't do it all...Dog woke me up early for a walk, on my return I went shopping for party. Got back mowed, cleaned pool and yard, started cooking...entertained till people left at 11:30.

Dog again wanted to be walked early, church...cleaned up house from BBQ, got the Honey do list knocked down a bit waiting on Hurricane.

Dog again wanted his morning walk...apparently when I'm home I am the ez picken for him. Got back and we were off for a quick lunch and to the boat for more work, finally caught a quick night cruise out of harbor before leaving and home for 10.

Labor day weekend...while I didn't work at work, it was alot of no work, work and woke up sore this morning.

Still beat working.

I actually took the day off, ended up falling off the 4 wheeler pretty hard. It has been a long time since I slammed the ground that hard. Sore and stiff but nothing broken or missing, trying to take it easy today. Probably should have worked.

Back