What's new
What's new

ot: how many of you say horrible things to your freinds?

i_r_machinist

Titanium
I think I need therapy. A lifelong friend of mine had just bought a house out in the country and wanted me to come look at it. He does outage work and spends months at a time away from his wife and kids. He was showing off the master bathroom, which has this huge whirlpool bathtub. Of course we are having a few beers.
Me: " I can see a lot of sport f^&*ing in this bathtub's future."
Him: "The thought crossed my mind."
Me: "Hell, if your lucky, you may even be involved in some of it!"
Him: "Crap."
customer

I think I need therapy. A lifelong friend of mine had just bought a house out in the country and wanted me to come look at it. He does outage work and spends months at a time away from his wife and kids. He was showing off the master bathroom, which has this huge whirlpool bathtub. Of course we are having a few beers.
Him: "Crap."
customer
Naughty boy, you are.....:nono: ;)

Sorry, got cut short. These people seem to think I'm here to solve their problems. shhesh..
Anyway,
Where I was going with this was that I don't remember my dad having conversations like this. Or maybe he didn't say stuff like that with the kids around. Did all of this rudeness to our friends start with this generation? My nephew posted some family pics on facebook. After looking through the pics, I read some of the comments his "friends" had written. Wow! I think the next generation is sliding even further down hill.
have fun
i_r_

Where I was going with this was that I don't remember my dad having conversations like this. Or maybe he didn't say stuff like that with the kids around. Did all of this rudeness to our friends start with this generation? My nephew posted some family pics on facebook. After looking through the pics, I read some of the comments his "friends" had written. Wow! I think the next generation is sliding even further down hill.

This is just guys being guys. Facebook just amplifies it because you can say something without the chance of being tackled or having a heavy object hurled your way.

Contrast the nephew's comments with those among the female users. Comments from women are usually positive and supportive. That's just not how we operate :smoking:

Actually, I think it used to be a lot worse- me, I dont usually talk that much trash, but my dad's generation was unbelievable. He was a couple years too young to serve in WW2, but most of his friends did, and those guys were pretty callous and nasty.

With friends like that, who needs enemas !

Davycrocket

Yeah, what you said is par for the course for my friends and I. I think if anyone overheard our conversations, they'd think we hated eachother.

My friends and I are very harsh to each other... its just what we do. I regularily tell my best friend that he is the best piece of shit I know.

I don't, I usually keep most conversations relatively serious and meaningful, either about business/work/projects.
To me the best events are those I don't get invited to, thus don't have to wiggle out of.

Quote I heard on the radio:"Men say nasty things to each other, and don't mean them.
Women say nice things to each other, and don't mean them."

Well, I've been spending more time with my oldest brother. A soft spoken, genuine nice guy. He gets on to me about how I talk to my friends and other brothers. I guess my sub-conscience is actually taking note.
have fun
i_r_

My close friends and i tear each other apart, it borderlines on mental abuse. Although, the couple close ones that joke with me this way are the only ones i consider true friends and got my back when i need it. Its all in good fun.

I can count all the "friends" i have on one hand...And i bet it's that way for most even if they don't realize it.

“I lay it down as a fact that if all men knew what others say of them, there would not be four friends in the world.”
― Blaise Pascal

Going in in the 1600's too. :)

Back