What's new
What's new

OT: Virus message on my web site--What to do???

Lost in LA

Cast Iron
I checked my web site (fishermachine dot com) and got this message:

Warning: visiting this web site may harm your computer.
The website may contain malware....

The next paragraph continues:
visit the google safe brousing diagnostic page for creativeironart.net

creativeironart has nothing to do with my site!

Ckecking google safe brousing diagnostic for fishermachine and they indicate all is well

I talked to my IT guy and he tried a few things and said it looks OK to him, but he is digging further.

I have had calls from both PC and Mac users telling me about this problem but some computers can access my web site with out problem.

Thanks

John

Someone, somehow, has added code to your HTML that tells a user's computer to go to creativeironart.com instead. That website is probably hosting some malicious code, so it looks like it's coming from your site.

What you need to do is completely clear out the directory of your web server, typically this is done using Cpanel. From there you need to delete EVERYTHING and reupload each and every part of your website from a backup you've made lately (you did that right ;) )

You probably want to let your hosting company know, when this happens it's usually the hosting company that gets cracked not just your site. You'll still want to change your cpanel password if someone didn't already change it out underneath you.

Good luck!

Back