What's new
What's new

OT?- What do you like to see on a suppliers website?

ManualEd

Stainless
Title more or less says it all.
What do you want to see on your suppliers/overflow shops website regarding layout, or the about/contact/equipment/my dogs favorite colour/previous projects pages?

I like to see a machinery list with pictures
List of cad/cam software used
Inspection capabilities.
No of employees
Sq footage of building
Pictures of parts made
Length of time in business, is it family owned, or owned by investors etc
Is it ISO, NadCap approved etc
Small map showing loaction
Short bio of company

No personal or religious beliefs or theories

Something up to date! Seriously, a place I worked going on 10 years ago has the same pics (that I helped with) and equipment list (of which some I helped sell/demo!).

A clear contact, preferably multiple contacts. Nothing worse (IMO) than getting some 123@hotmail BS contact. Give me a name, phone number, and CLEAR email that appears (at least on the surface) to be their name so I know I am getting a person.

+1, they call it corporate philosophy but it’s the least interesting stuff.

Several companies I have dealt with boldly display 'the fish' symbol. I realize it doesn't speak for all but for my experience the people with a pentagram are consistently the fair and honest ones.

- not claiming it's a fact, but so far it's 6 sigma..

get it, Six Sigma?

[quote="BGL|]my experience the people with a pentagram are consistently the fair and honest ones.[/quote]
Anton Lavey has a shop ? :ack2:

On a supplier's website, I like to see the catalogue up front, and prices beside the items. I don't like photos of a printed catalogue, I want real searchable info.

I also like free stuff! :D

1. Your catalog, with prices, as a .pdf that I can download and search. Barring that an online catalog in the style of mcmaster/amazon etc.
2. For job shops and other service providers I might seek a quote from - where the F*** are you. Don't hide your location. Which state, city, etc., you are in matters for various accounting and tax reasons, and the distance matters for some projects.
3. For anybody who does quotes - an *email address* that somebody actually reads. Or form that actually works. And it's totally OK to have various schemes to knock down spam. I get it.
4. The more pricing the better. Saying your new 5-axis Unobtanium Metal Deposition Printer and Fabric Cutter is Very Economically Priced could mean $1.8million given the current market. If you won't at least tell me how many zeros in the price, I'll tend to assume the price is very very high and ignore you.

1. Your catalog
2. where the F*** are you. Don't hide your location.
3. For anybody who does quotes - an *email address* that somebody actually reads.
4. The more pricing the better. Saying your new 5-axis Unobtanium Metal Deposition Printer and Fabric Cutter is Very Economically Priced could mean $1.8million given the current market. If you won't at least tell me how many zeros in the price, I'll tend to assume the price is very very high and ignore you.
100% !

Take the "price on request" thing and jam it where the sun don't shine !

A little more esoteric, if a site is buried in googlefonts, googleapis, googlemaps, googletagmanagers, googleadservices, googlediarrhea, googlespymanager, you may take a long walk off a short pier. And take your worthless piece of crap website with you.

Prices. If you won't list a price, you're embarassed by how much you are overcharging.
I know some things can't have a real price, because it fluctuates daily.

I love Mcmaster website. I just wish they listed the manufacturer and part# so I can buy the same part as a used one.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I like to see the McMASTER-CARR logo.

The only time I get pissed at McMaster is when they don't have something I expected them to have and I have to buy elsewhere. After using their online catalog and website using a competitor is as aggravating as can be.

Amazing that McMaster Carr a company over 100 years old made the transition to the internet and is so well regarded for their web presence. Meanwhile Sears and the Thomas Register fell flat on their faces.

If I am looking for a quote I will go right by the sites that make me fill out a long form, won't even bother. Give me a link to sales email so I can click on it, paste my questions and get down the road. Plus I have a record of whom I've talked too

Back