What's new
What's new

Other tapatalk forums for quality reading

Bondo

Hot Rolled
I'm in search of recommends for forums that I can read online or through tapatalk. I am looking for equipment repair/general information on forklifts and heavy machinery, electrical, plumbing and such.

If anyone can recommend real sites that would be fantastic. I just generally like to read this stuff rather then screw off when I'm done for the day or just need to clear my head.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I don't really read it, but on the Heavy Equipment Forums, there is a subform called shop talk (I think that's the one). there are some threads with some amazing field repair guys on there. I've perused them in the past, and have been blown away by the type of repairs some of these guys can do in the field. I'm talking separating the entire cab of an excavator from the track from and replacing the ring gear. One guy, by himself, in the field, in a couple of days.

Neat stuff. Lots lot line boring type jobs, etc...

For general and cnc machining, Practical Machinist is the only place to go - everything else is a bunch of yahoo's talking about gecko drives and buildng their own machines... These guys (the folks here on PM) get it done.

Back