What's new
What's new

Question about our manufacturing trade associations such as FMA and PMA....

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
A PM member asked me if I was familiar with the Fab associations FMA and/or PMA. I wasn't really...so I looked...

Are any of you members of these, or other trade associations ? I see the two mentioned in particular offer lots of resources for business management, education, training and so forth. I have gone to, and had booths at (when I built tapping machines), some association trade shows, but outside of Fabtech or other major trade events, how do you use them and what value do you get out of the associations ?

icon1.png

Last edited:
where i am its
Rochester Technology and Manufacturing Association (RTMA) - Rochester, New York
i have gone to night school to take cnc classes and the rtma helps colleges and its members often post jobs at the school bulletin board for students looking for work.
was a member of local welding AWS they had meetings where new technology was shown and discussed. again often meeting people you "networked" and discussed things. from finding jobs or people to hire or problems others have and solved etc
not unusual to have a problem for decades and talking with others problem is solved in one day.

Back