Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Threading is NOT specifically a Management problem.

If it is "management", then you have management issues to resolve.

This "Thread" belongs in the General section, not management.

Mr. Moderator, please move the rotting carcass of this thread about(?) threads to the general section.

Consider it a management issue when someone cannot respect forum intentions.

2. Likes SND, IronReb, Rock6.3, Steven-Canada, jackal liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 3t3d View Post
    Threading is NOT specifically a Management problem.
    True. Though "screwing" certainly can be.

Mr. Moderator, please move the rotting carcass of this thread about(?) threads to the general section.
    Perhaps better yet to simply delete it. Gordo is already whining elsewhere that he has been mistreated for trying to post something other than politics.

His intent all along to play the martyr, and rapidly so?

Pass. Different sort of 'management' issue, that.

4. Likes Steven-Canada liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the op has some loose screws.

6. Likes jackal, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    I think the op has some loose screws.
    Taken too many otherwise bright folks far too long to twig to that, but yes. The traveling Dane at-large ain't quite right in the haid.

A shrink - and we have a few onboard - could perhaps even tell us which screws, and just HOW loose.

I should not have to be doing this.

Gordon has been dragging a high-grade, technology-based "stone soup party" of happy and useful sharing - best on-planet by most any measure - further and further into a low-grade, politically-based "bullshit soup" party of useless confrontations and misplaced angers.

Ultimately, that sort of degradation drives away competent technical contributors and the advertisers who seek their attention as a high-quality audience.

Let's correct that while we still have something worth fixing, shall we?

Cut off his 'internet Oxygen', let him go in search of a new sandbox of the unwary to shit in, among, upon, and sideways.

Make that happen, I'm delighted to go quiet myself. Really quiet. Banned, even, if that is the price to be paid for PM's recovery. I'll still be able to read it, and Gordon-turmoil-free, it would again be pleasant to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A little Loctite on the jaws.

9. Likes cellardoor7, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by converterking View Post
    A little Loctite on the jaws.
    Not that merciful here.

Crazy-glue his scrotum to the toilet seat, three meters short of where he can reach his keyboard in the next room at max-normal stretch!

Given his priorities? He'd neuter himself!

I'm good with that for a reasonable start.

Next round ..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow you guys seem to be Trumping Gordon..

I have disagreed with Gordon a time or two, but he has over 4,000 likes so he is good for this website.

Perhaps the site owner should say enough is enough sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post

I have disagreed with Gordon a time or two, but he has over 4,000 likes so he is good for this website.

What you may have noticed is the majority had nothing to do with machining, mostly chit chat, passing the time(which I guess is 99% of that the internet is for now...).
    I'm still not sure if the guy ever earned a living cranking handles or pushing a green button in this trade, which is fine I guess, good to have people of different sectors and different bits of info once in a while useful, but eh.

This thread is tight

13. Likes IronReb liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He has done. Around the time I first arrived, Gordon was coming off a site-wide ban.
    And 'we' didn't understand WHY. 'We' even piled-on to get Milacron to reinstate him. I think we have grown wiser now. Milacron just may be chuckling "slow learners!" over that.

It isn't Gordon-the-human. It is what his behaviour pattern empowers in what SHOULD BE a generally a-political venue. Nothing to do with our craft, technology, materials, supply-chain, hiring and firing or machines how a person voted, nor which flavour of idiocy a politician is exhibiting.

They DO that s**t, and there are a brazillion OTHER venues for all of that socio-political 'stuff'. No known barriers to anyone who wishes to do so going over and playing there, Gordo at the head of the list.

There are far fewer forums - dare say NONE - that could even begin to cover what PM is best at. Politics that is not, nor should it so become.

We've gone too deeply into that cesspool.

Effort and hard limits, not 'good wishes' and certainly not a never-ending re-issue of tolerance rations is needed to climb back out and STAY out.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

he has over 4,000 likes so he is good for this website.
    It ain't the 'likes'. Trust Welden or I to know how those arise. Say 'f**k' often enough and succinctly or creatively enough is one way. Not all mine have to do with technical, financial, or management advice, either. Many have been for entertainment value, just with a different slant and vocabulary than Welden's.

We each understand that. Gordon believes his signify he is Emperor of Wisdom.
    Is he, now? Sad Empire, then, if so.

Gordon's bitch-session tickets, gasoline fire-extinguishers handy, have, OTOH, generated more "VIEWS" than any other several posters.

A high count of 'views' looks good for advert click-through revenue.

Until... the overall quality of the site has drifted so far into politics and egged-on bun-fights - become so VERY far away from the trade and its specific issues.. that it only has advertising value to political parties once every few years.

That lot does not "DO" our sort of advertising. Even if they did so, why should they pay, when Gordo has already done it for them 'for free', and on Milacron's dime and our labour?

I said Gordon was an opportunistic parasite gone predatory.

That was no insult. Ain't braggin' if he's done it.

Just an objective assessment on the evidence he has himself placed in PM's record.

16. Likes digger doug, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That was pretty short and sweet. lol.

Ok gents, lets get back on topic: Why Denmark is so great and they're so happy!

18. Likes camscan, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thesidetalker View Post
    Ability to f**k sheep - or pigs, not be criticized for it, and... wait for it.. NOT have to marry them?

The other quotient of happiness is the Danish women who no longer have to endure the attentions of those who would prefer to become pig f***kers. Worse, tri-sexual (as-in try ANYTHING!)

Note that one male in 20 (5%) admits to partaking, but 24% of the population - just short of five times as many - are voting to preserve the practice.

That looks like the vote of a lot of gals that do NOT want to have to return to standing-in for those pigs and sheep up close and personal their own selves.

Happy country? Perhaps they are. Until they lose that vote, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

haha, I knew a thread about danish screwing would end at their infamous bestiality brothels. When the Minister of Agriculture is tabling anti rape legislation, well, maybe we're best not knowing what makes them so happy

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanola View Post
    Nobody had a thread question. Do you have nothing to do?
    Bill (monarchist)is the one that has nothing better to do. Anybody who has the time to smart ass all over this forum night and day is projecting his unemployment status. He is unwanted.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[Quote Originally Posted by Mechanola View Post
    Nobody had a thread question. Do you have nothing to do?]

Agree if not needed this thread would have been dead 30 posts ago.

Just saying when the site becomes a jam fest of politics, bashing, hate posts and everything far from machining the people who have an interest in talking shop will be gone. With them the advertisers and the site. Endless bickering because 5 (or so) guys don’t like Gordon doesn’t do the site much good. Agree some times Gordon goes on a bit, often about Denmark when there is little we can do about the ills of our country... Still the USA is about (at least one of) the best place in the world to live...IMHO

23. Likes Mcgyver liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember this guy from when I first joined...you would think after 6 years some of the douche would wear off.

25. Likes SND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[Quote Originally Posted by Mechanola View Post
    Nobody had a thread question. Do you have nothing to do?]

Agree if not needed this thread would have been dead 30 posts ago.

Just saying when the site becomes a jam fest of politics, bashing, hate posts and everything far from machining the people who have an interest in talking shop will be gone. With them the advertisers and the site. Endless bickering because 5 (or so) guys don’t like Gordon doesn’t do the site much good. Agree some times Gordon goes on a bit, often about Denmark when there is little we can do about the ills of our country... Still the USA is about (at least one of) the best place in the world to live...IMHO
    good post....but the flip side is if all it every post was was technical, that wouldn't be compelling for anywhere near the frequency of visits. I like a it a bit of both, I learn stuff but also carry on like you're having a few beers with the guys from work including some humour...no one would go if the talk was just work.

gotta keep our tolerances up .....but the characters do make it entertaining. I wouldn't ban Gordo, and Monarchists seems to be less of a cryptic cross word lately...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    Bill (monarchist)is the one that has nothing better to do. Anybody who has the time to smart ass all over this forum night and day is projecting his unemployment status. He is unwanted.
    Pretty sure Monarchist isn't the one who's been starting a bunch of threads in Off Topics / the lefty circle jerk forum(that's the forum above this one...) with titles such as " US international trading with an insane president" and a few other gems.

28. Likes Rock6.3, hfo, RC Mech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thesidetalker View Post
    That was pretty short and sweet. lol.

Perhaps they wear better threads?

Seriously though, I can't help but wonder if he started this thread in response to recent criticism about starting only political threads.

There's some bad news in the "happiest country" field too. Lately I have seen several articles about the Dutch raising the happiest children.

Google

PS: Monarchist is retired, not unemployed. Probably very comfortably too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not long after Gordon joined, the "Ignore" setting appeared.
    He is the first and only person that I have used this option on.

( I'm sure he is still reading this thread, talking to his cat about how he is so much better than everyone else. He has delusional psychosis. An inflated self-worth, with grandiose thoughts of himself.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

31. Likes Philabuster liked this post