What's new
What's new

Quotation Tracking and Analysis

machinesurf

Plastic
We're a machine shop and currently track our quotations using Excel spreadsheets. We have about 7+ years of data spread across multiple spreadsheets organized by customer. We track drawing number, price (split by quantities), material type, raw material dimensions, and final dimensions. It's becoming very cumbersome and slow to look up past quotations. Is there a better way to organize and track this data?

Clearly I'm a few months behind on this, but if you're still having an issue I thought I'd chime in.

I somewhat agree with Tony that setting up an Access database is an option. It's probably the band-aid fix for the issue, but if your expecting growth it's not the most scalable option. If you have 7+ years of data in there and are only piling on more and more, it will progressively run slower and slower since Access doesn't do any cacheing or indexing.

You're best bet is to switch to an automated quoting module. I'd imagine your Excel spreadsheet have grow more and more bulky over time and fields continue to be added, while few (if any) fields ever get deleted which makes your turnaround time slower and slower.

I'd suggest checking out this company since I know it doesn't require purchasing an entire ERP system just to fix quoting: Software Developers - Business Solutions - Atlas Solutions : Atlas Solutions

Back