Scammed out of a machine - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seems 2 of his main links are down but others arent and still list alot of machinery, so maybe you can find there the machine he ripped you off with.

Website is Down
    Facebook is Down
    Twitter is alive > https://twitter.com/himesmachinery
    Yelp is alive > Himes Machinery, LLC - Metal Fabricators - Anthem - Henderson, NV - Photos - Yelp
    More Links
    > https://www.pinterest.com/himesmachi...mes-machinery/
    > HIMES MACHINERY LLC
    > https://about.me/himesmachinery

/whois himesmachinery.com

Domain Name: himesmachinery.com
    Registry Domain ID: 1665980374_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.register.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.register.com
    Updated Date: 2014-12-03T20:33:42Z
    Creation Date: 2011-07-09T01:41:14Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-07-09T01:41:14Z
    Registrar: Register.com, Inc.
    Registrar IANA ID: 9
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8773812449
    Reseller:
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Brian Himes
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: 2831 St. Rose Parkway, Suite #217
    Registrant City: Henderson
    Registrant State/Province: NV
    Registrant Postal Code: 89052
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.8888032496
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext.:
    Registrant Email:
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: Brian Himes
    Admin Organization:
    Admin Street: 2831 St. Rose Parkway, Suite #217
    Admin City: Henderson
    Admin State/Province: NV
    Admin Postal Code: 89052
    Admin Country: US
    Admin Phone: +1.8888032496
    Admin Phone Ext.:
    Admin Fax:
    Admin Fax Ext.:
    Admin Email:
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: Brian Himes
    Tech Organization:
    Tech Street: 2831 St. Rose Parkway, Suite #217
    Tech City: Henderson
    Tech State/Province: NV
    Tech Postal Code: 89052
    Tech Country: US
    Tech Phone: +1.8888032496
    Tech Phone Ext.:
    Tech Fax:
    Tech Fax Ext.:
    Tech Email:
    Name Server: dns1.register.com
    Name Server: dns2.register.com
    DNSSEC: Unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit
    https://www.icann.org/resources/page...-2014-06-16-en.

Cheers ....

2. Likes mike_kilroy, Milacron, Wade C, AARONT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good job Deyeno! Goes to show how this group can jump in and try to help someone in need!

I still cannot fanthom a 22 year old not being internet savvy and doing what you did Deyeno! Especially one with so much money to through around! How did he get so much discretionary money if he is not smart enough to find everything about this guy himself?

But it is appearing more and more like mdshunk nailed it: this is a fake thread after all since the OP never returned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Let's not be dicks for no reason.

5. Likes fumehappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_kilroy View Post

But it is appearing more and more like mdshunk nailed it: this is a fake thread after all since the OP never returned.
    The stated scenario does sound seriously odd, I agree. But it is totally understandable the OP has not returned yet as he just posted a few hours ago and being on the West Coast is probably still in bed !

7. Likes a13berger, Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That address is location of 'virtual offices.'

Wonder if he sells virtual machines too.

https://www.strosesuites.com/

9. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    It seems 2 of his main links are down but others arent and still list alot of machinery, so maybe you can find there the machine he ripped you off with.
    OK good job, we have proof already it is indeed the same Himes and await more info from the OP. We old timers here know that anything Himes has for sale that we might want to buy, the trick then becomes to find out who the actual owner is and buy direct from them. Most of what he brokers are machines from legit machinery dealers.

I talked with one dealer years ago where Himes had sold a number of machines he had on his website and all went well. But we have also heard hints in the past of folks getting ripped off by him.

11. Likes Jashley73, Scottl, dstryr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_kilroy View Post
    Good job Deyeno! Goes to show how this group can jump in and try to help someone in need!

I still cannot fanthom a 22 year old not being internet savvy and doing what you did Deyeno! Especially one with so much money to through around! How did he get so much discretionary money if he is not smart enough to find everything about this guy himself?

Mike,

Thanks, but its rather simple in this case to find out a lot of information. In a fact we are lucky that Himes, doesnt have domain privacy on his actual name and details from the /whois lookup, otherwise it would be harder to find him.

He probably thought that taking down his main website / facebook he wouldnt be found, but there are many links to where he has information about, or hes actually forgotten where hes got all his information. From the actual /whois lookup the name Brian Himes is linked to 27 domains.

Cheers ....

Kevin

13. Likes a13berger, Philabuster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some people don't know when they have to be honest about information. I took a tip from the Blues Brothers and all the domains I registered have the personal information leading to 1016 West Addison in Chicago

15. Likes Philabuster, swatkins liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The good news is that driving to any part of Nevada from any part of California will burn a lot less gas and put a lot less wear and tear on his tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

1016 West Addison... PLAY BALL!

Guru, if he wants to pay for my trip, I will be happy to go to the strip and check this place out for a whole week. I'd even submit a full report on my earnings, I mean findings, afterward!

18. Likes a13berger liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    The details don't matter. Find where he actually is (it won't be Nevada) and then call the sheriff there.
    Fk that, call him an ambulance and go serve him 6k-15.5k worth of ass kicking. If he was ever tried he probably would get off on probation. Justice system is crap... people need to start getting their asses beat again.

Props to you for dusting yourself off and getting right back into. I would have been devastated and in jail

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As others have said, this appears to be criminal in nature. Accepting payment, not producing the merchandise, and then offering to buy it back at a huge loss to the buyer has all the earmarks of intentional fraud. Worse, it is fraud committed across state lines.

My first call would be to the Attorney General in the seller's state. They generally go after anything this blatant.

The OP needs to collect and collate all documentation including proof of payment, emails, etc. All financial transactions involving other than cash of that magnitude should leave a trail. It may require help from his bank to verify routing and account numbers of the payee.

For that amount of money I would leave no stone unturned.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ever heard of escrow?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am here guys.
    I will get paper work together like some of you have said and make some calls.
    I am 22 years old and i grew up in my uncles shop since I was a little kid and I took a loan out for the machine if your wondering how a 22 year old has 15k.
    Say what you want i know it was a stupid mistake that I will NEVER make again.
    I am going to seek legal help somehow.
    I really appreciate all the help! for people saying how I am so calm, I am not, I'm just asking for you opinions on what I should do.

I am thinking a call to the police would be the best bet atleast for a start.
    Thank you for all the info guys
    AB

23. Likes mike_kilroy, Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Enlist the help of the lender to get your money back. It's mostly their money after all.

25. Likes Peter. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Alex,

I feel your pain. It sucks to pay for something only to never get it. It sucks to know that your money/effort ends up in somebody else pocket that didn't do anything for it. Free loaders are out there and they live off efforts of the working people (and there are a LOT of free loaders).

I have had quite a few situations where I never got anything I paid for either. I've had other situations where I had stuff stolen from my business location, my car, my house.

I was young once also (a year younger than you) when I went to the BIG city, NYC. There I was scammed out of $450 in less than 3-4 minutes by an organized small crime group that ran a shell game off a cardboard box!!! So don't feel worst than you have to. People will say that I was dumb, what was I thinking, etc as you read on this thread. Reality is when you don't expect it and are ignorant of it, you are an easy target just like I was on the streets of NY City (and I thought I was fairly "city danger" conscious growing up in Montreal, NOPE!).

In the woods bears and other animals would love to eat you, lucky for me that hasn't happened in any of my hiking or camping trips so far.

In Italy thieves won't usually hurt you but in teams they will pick pocket you and leave you saying sorry for bumping into one of them. In other countries you might get drugged, beaten and left in the street to wake up and wonder what happened (and the police might even be in on it).

You learn and move on. In 1996 I had $25 000 of equipment stolen from me in a storage container, $6 000 of which was not owned by me that I took responsibility for and ultimately paid the owner over time and payments.

No fun, but what I learned is that in this world humans are transformed animals trying to live a social life. Not all make that standard. In the animal world stealing another animal's effort is acceptable and happens all the time with nobody there to set it straight. In the human world the police and justice system are supposed to try and make it right. They try, but again the standard you will find falls way short of expectations of a 20 or so year old.

What I did was realize that I liked working and hope I always will. I try my best now not to get scammed and protect my assets as best I can plan. With the enjoyment of work also came the realization that I can make money and gain assets better and faster than anybody so far has been able to steal from me, so I'm always ahead. Perhaps not as much as I could be. This past year a former friend took be for $3100. We had an agreement that he buy a piece of equipment from me and pay me in payments, after 2 or 3 payments they stopped and never started. Can't beat the money out of him, he doesn't have any and has little possibility to make more since he doesn't like to work and can't keep a job. So I could sulk about it, or work harder over the next 4-5 months and make more than that back, what do you think I chose and will continue to choose?

Sorry for the long story with no real end, but I hope it at least should tell you that you aren't the only one to get taken. Sure people reacting to this thread beat on you as if they are the only smart and street savvy ones that would never fall for getting scammed, but I only half believe that. At some point we all burn our fingers on a hot end mill or piece of metal you just welded/torched. If it's only money then you can get over it through work (that I hope you enjoy). Other things like getting beaten, getting shot, getting incompetent medical treatment, or having a large animal nibble on you are a lot more difficult to overcome.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also, before anyone else mentions why I am not responding, I will be working 10hrs today plus trying to figure this shit out so I will reply as I can
    AB

28. Likes allloutmx, mike_kilroy, dstryr, Ox, doug925 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by a13berger View Post
    This was his first message when i asked about the machine.

The machine is in excellent condition, came out of a local college and was only
    used for instructional purposes in a classroom setting. Hours unknown, but it was
    never used in any production, so actual motion or cut hours would be only 1 or 2 hundred.
    The C-Axis worked when we received it, not sure what's wrong with it as we have not had any time to
    devote to it .. Since it worked perfectly when it arrived, we assume its something very minor.
    and it was never used by the college either.
    Whoever purchases this machine will be incredibly lucky to have it, its darn near new ..

Thank You,
    Brian

and this his second email

we offer a 30 day return on ALL of our machinery
    and we fully inspect every machine under power that comes through our doors.
    You can also come in to inspect this machine yourself should you choose to do so.
    This Emco is basically a " No Brainer " machine .. As I said previously, it came out
    of a college classroom .. It's almost like new. This is one of the safest machine buys
    you will ever make ..

As you can see he made it seem like he owns it and its at his place. I was fooled
    -Alex
    Pay a grand to have an attorney send a letter demanding your money back and threaten legal action. He most likely has criminally defrauded you. Once you get your money back take all this information to BBB. If you do not get every nickel back, start a criminal complaint with the Clark Country DA or Sheriff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2outof3 View Post
    Pay a grand to have an attorney send a letter demanding your money back and threaten legal action. He most likely has criminally defrauded you. Once you get your money back take all this information to BBB. if you do not get every nickel back, start a criminal complaint with the Clark Country DA or Sheriff.
    A grand ?? My attorney (on high faultin' Hilton Head Island) would do something like that for 100 bucks.

31. Likes 2outof3, tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for your loss and sorry that I couldn't read everything but, if I understand correctly (if the guy sells machinery on eBay), that they would want to know about this as eBay is very protective (especially for buyers). Apologize if I misunderstood but I certainly got the impression that this guy is doing part of his business on eBay.

Good luck,
    The Dude