Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For $15K I think you should get your paper work together, hop a plane and go there to rent a car, spend a night, go to see this fellow to set up the pick up of your machine. "I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding but I am here to pick up my machine". Be super nice and expect to get your machine. Have the number of a machine mover in hand. With any difficulty say you are going to “seek legal consul” and go see the cops and then a lawyer if needed.
    He said she said doesn't count as much as the written paperwork.
    For a day in court if it comes to that it will be worth another plane ticket IMHO
    Paul DeLong 702-644-3668 rigger/ trucking

2. Likes allloutmx, dkmc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by a13berger View Post
    Also, before anyone else mentions why I am not responding, I will be working 10hrs today plus trying to figure this shit out so I will reply as I can
    AB
    Please clarify where you are in CA. I know a very good lawyer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Sorry for your loss and sorry that I couldn't read everything but, if I understand correctly (if the guy sells machinery on eBay), that they would want to know about this as eBay is very protective (especially for buyers). Apologize if I misunderstood but I certainly got the impression that this guy is doing part of his business on eBay.
    Not a good sign he seems to have vanished from eBay as he used to carpet bomb the place with what seemed like a hundred ads at a time for years.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Los Angeles

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LA is only a car drive away I made that trip a number of times. About 250 miles.
    I might add the return warranty is for If not as stated. The what if I change my mind policy may not have been discussed so you may be better off taking the machine.
    A ten hour day may be worth $400 or so ...the trip worth it IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly.
    Thats why I recommended getting someone, anyone, local to go and see if the doors are still open.
    And why I recommended getting printouts from caches, wayback machine etc. to have printed stuff on hand, asap.

Even any visit by someone local /anyones friend/acquintance/whoever, nothing to do with machines, just to see if its still standing, to say the doors are locked/sign "for let" on door etc. would let the OP know where he stands.
    If there are truck backging in to pick up last stuff, he can still maybe just get the cops involved and impound "his machine", which probably is not there.
    Or detain the scam artist, if appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Not a good sign he seems to have vanished from eBay as he used to carpet bomb the place with what seemed like a hundred ads at a time for years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sent you a PM with another idea AB, fwiw...

Realize too that Mr. Himes may be reading this thread so be careful what all you reveal until you are really ready to reveal it...

Likewise, it may be best for others with ideas how to help to PM rather than post if it would give Mr. Himes ideas how to try to protect himself...

9. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps he vanished for a time because of all of this flack...a four drive could tell much.
    Failure to deliver the goods..that stands well in court.
    Yes if knowing someone in Henderson or Las Vegas for a drive by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It looks like you bought if off ebay?

2000 Emco Maier PC Turn 155 CNC Lathe Live Tooling Fanuc Controls | eBay

If so, there is "ebay buyer protection" where ebay is supposed to step in and help. In my experience I didn't have much luck with it, but I think it would definitely be worth a try before you go the legal.court route. Just be careful what you say during the process, in my experience ebay is like your typical insurance company-looks for any angle to deny your claim. I would think paying for it and never getting your machine would be the basis of a bullet proof claim as long as you can document it was paid for.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by a13berger View Post
    Los Angeles

Your in LA and you found an EMCO in NV, when you could have found a mint Mori Seiki SL or Mazak Slant Turn in LA from a reputable dealer for the same $'s or even less!!!

I nearly bought a nice Mori SL3 with Fanuc0T and red cap servos for $15k a while ago.

You really need to do your research in the future my friend, good luck I hope it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    LA is only a car drive away I made that trip a number of times. About 250 miles.
    I might add the return warranty is for If not as stated. The what if I change my mind policy may not have been discussed so you may be better off taking the machine.
    A ten hour day may be worth $400 or so ...the trip worth it IMHO.
    How does he know that Himes and/or the machine are really in LA, CA ? Esp considering he was previously in MA...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Machinery_E View Post
    It looks like you bought if off ebay?

2000 Emco Maier PC Turn 155 CNC Lathe Live Tooling Fanuc Controls | eBay

If so, there is "ebay buyer protection" where ebay is supposed to step in and help. In my experience I didn't have much luck with it, but I think it would definitely be worth a try before you go the legal.court route. Just be careful what you say during the process, in my experience ebay is like your typical insurance company-looks for any angle to deny your claim. I would think paying for it and never getting your machine would be the basis of a bullet proof claim as long as you can document it was paid for.
    Even if on eBay I'll bet Himes talked him into buying it off eBay to save some money. That one you reference, if the location was right, would have been at Action Machinery in PA. However the location is probably meaningless as in later years I think Himes got wise to folks figuring out who really owned the machines and he purposely started putting the wrong locations.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

btw i had close to 30k of proprietary merchandise stolen and then listed on a competitor's website - in the proprietary boxes. reported it to the authorities, along with documentation, and their answer was if he voluntarily comes in and confesses they will do something. if not...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You sent a CHECK? Checks are for putting in a drawer to show your grand kids how people used to pay for shit. Use a credit card, Paypal, or any method with recourse. Check with your bank to see if they can help. If bought on E-bay there is a time limit to report. Get on that right now

17. Likes sticks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ebay generaly holds there money for some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since that lathe is listed in being in Bethlehem, PA it is almost certainly from Action Machinery. I checked their website and don't see it on there. Maybe you could call them and ask them if they know anything about it? Machine Tool and Metalworking Machinery | Action Machinery CNC Equipment

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lowCountryCamo View Post
    As I said earlier I seriously doubt he did the transaction thru eBay.....even at 22 it would be obvious he could take advantage of the eBay protection guarantee if that were the case.

I recently bought a 50 some thousand dollar machine on eBay....sight unseen, being brokered. First I called the manufacturer and via the serial number got the phone number of who actually owned it, called them up,and confirmed it was all legit and machine even nicer than portrayed in ad.

Then arranged to pay tiny deposit and pay balance via bank wire only when my trucker confirmed the machine was on the truck, complete with photos. ( I have bank wire account I can call in via phone...takes less than 10 minutes for money to show up in sellers account).

And I kept the transaction thru eBay, including all correspondence between me and seller, just in case I had to invoke that guarantee (plus seller would be concerned about my feedback). All went well, machine is pristine as new as expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lowCountryCamo View Post

You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date, I just checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RH68 View Post
    Since that lathe is listed in being in Bethlehem, PA it is almost certainly from Action Machinery. I checked their website and don't see it on there. Maybe you could call them and ask them if they know anything about it? Machine Tool and Metalworking Machinery | Action Machinery CNC Equipment
    I already addressed this in post 52. Please read previous posts in forums before blurting out responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

guys, it is an OFFICE BUILDING with UPS drop off type place. they even rent you an "office" for the day or month or year. Prob furnished even. No machines there I bet.

yes get as much info as you can off the internet before it too is gone.

when you go, take a friend, and BY ALL MEANS HAVE YOUR PHONE ON RECORD TO CAPTURE EVERYTHING SAID AND SEEN. Be sure to record any phone calls with them also...