What's new
What's new

Using You tube links on your website

RJT

Titanium
Thinking of using a manufacturers demo video that is on you tube as a link on my website. We have the exact machine and its a pretty impressive video showing the capabilities. Wondering are there copywite issues to worry about? Anybody doing it and did you have to get permission?

Take a look at what ads get played during/before that video, and determine whether you'd like your company an products to be associated with those ads and products. That might be yes, but just wait until a competitor's shop is advertised within a link played on your site.

I would be investigating whether that same video is linkable directly from the mfg's site, or if you can serve it directly from yours. (If the YouTube version has no ads, regardless of who plays it or where it's seen, then you're probably fine on this point.)

Chip

Thinking of using a manufacturers demo video that is on you tube as a link on my website. We have the exact machine and its a pretty impressive video showing the capabilities. Wondering are there copywite issues to worry about? Anybody doing it and did you have to get permission?

Be nice to see the video in question before giving advice. I use Youtube videos on my website but I''ve made them myself. Some are better than others. Maybe you should try?

http://f-m-s.dk/nyside6.htm

My own favourite (and my latest) is Measuring External & Internal Thread Pitch Diameter - YouTube

Back