What's new
What's new

what would you pay

What would I pay or what would I need to pay?
Lead in shop can mean may things.
Where in the country you are standing also makes oh so much difference.
Not enough info, from your description I can hire this for $18-$20 with 10-20 years under the employee's belt and have 10 to pick from.
I know this is sad and that many will have a fit but it is truthful.

Whoa, now the original post gone??? and WTF is the tick-tock comment?
Certainty a valid question here.
For those who missed it ....pay for skilled VMC machinst, lead man in a shop, good on manual lathe, all around go to guy... or something like that.
Bob

I might pay a lot depending on the guy. My shop is moving to the very heart of the city. We will be the center piece of a new robotics hub in Boston it's a great opportunity for us but finding the right people to staff this new venture is going to be a challenge. I have sixty days to pack up the shop and move all while not missing a beat shipping the current back log.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

What would I pay or what would I need to pay?
Lead in shop can mean may things.
Where in the country you are standing also makes oh so much difference.
Not enough info, from your description I can hire this for $18-$20 with 10-20 years under the employee's belt and have 10 to pick from.
I know this is sad and that many will have a fit but it is truthful.

Bob

Very true. Everything, more or less, depends on "where". The difference in Europe is very great depending on country but what isn't shown are the prices on everyday items such as food and housing.

File:Estimated hourly labour costs for the whole economy in euros, 216 Enterprises with 1 or more employees F1.png - Statistics Explained

I might pay a lot depending on the guy. My shop is moving to the very heart of the city. We will be the center piece of a new robotics hub in Boston

I would say you would need to pay a lot. I live eighty miles west of you. A house the size that I currently live in would cost nearly twice as much. It would take about $7 an hour to make up for that. And that is just housing.

For those who missed it ....pay for skilled VMC machinst, lead man in a shop, good on manual lathe, all around go to guy... or something like that.
Bob

25-$30/hr...I'd prefer and love to pay more, but often find myself paying less.

I have yet to find that someone who can actually walk the walk instead of talking the talk.
They can only run machines but cannot handle people under them...or they can handle people well but can't machine well.
Or they can machine well, deal with people well, but refuse to check them selves or listen to those checking them...so at times we have great results, other times we have lots of scrap.

Ideally I would pay them simply what they are worth. Figuring out what they are worth can be an expensive experiment.

First you have to pay them enough to support their family in the area that you live. Plus.

After that you can adjust for their value. If you Net $100.00 a year and without him it would have been $50.00. Then I think you have a pretty good scale to go off. I have worked for people who made less per hour than the guys working for them. There is nothing wrong with that, that's what they signed up for. I have also had that fact thrown in my face by that person, which sent me packing.

I think 6sigma, LEAN bullshit has us all counting pennies. Pay a person what they are worth, it's not complicated. If you can't then you aren't ready for that step.

Makes me wonder why this thread came to screeching halt. I mean, I know it isn't because what I said is so profound, and no one ever thought of it before.

R

I think a come every day, do good work adult guy (gal) should make $12 to 25. A student wage perhaps $5 to 25., a person with a few years and a skill perhaps 20 to $50.

But it depends on what the business can bear so not mandatory by law.. paying a waste of time, should be out the door person $10 an hour is a joke.

A 25 to $50 dollar person should be a thinking, hard working, skilled and self motivated person.

Still $20 for a straight-time year is only $40K..So not that much money...Some like week ends off...

Welfare pays about that much and all the time off...so we need to re figure how we run things.

Likely wage rules are why we don't have paper boys any more.

I have an idea, regulated laws that an Employer MUST pay enough for a Man and his Family to survive in that area with how many kids he has. As a Minimum wage.

Perhaps up to a family of four children..If the shop goes bust they loose their house along with the lost shop.
looks like there is no easy answer...

With the government setting wages then government people should not make more than the average wage, have the same health care and retirement package, not drive government cars except for at work....

Perhaps up to a family of four children..If the shop goes bust they loose their house along with the lost shop.
looks like there is no easy answer...

"easy" no, simple yes.

With the government setting wages then government people should not make more than the average wage, have the same health care and retirement package, not drive government cars except for at work....

That should go without saying, IMO.

R

Biggest joke is tax reform...the poor rich and honest guys say to a million or so still a lot of tax.. the very rich write everything off so pay little tax..
Write off should be used for business perhaps 80% or even more..but you will never see that happen because the bozos in government write most everything off.
That is why Buffet said his secretary pays more percentage that he.

That is why Buffet said his secretary pays more percentage that he.

No, that's not why. its the differing tax rates between regular income and dividend income. On a dollar buffet gets its taxed more than his secretary's because the secretary's salary is 100% sheltered from corporate tax whereas dividends are paid after tax. as for write offs, just try and write more off than the tax man thinks is legitimately for business. This supposed rich don't pay tax is all just a red herring to rile the (tax) ignorant masses, and is such a tired flogged to death theme here I could hardly summon energy to respond lol

Much of this is like real estate - location, location, location.
In the NY metro area, someone with the needed qualifications would be in the $30-$40 per hour range with regular raises. What you're looking for is a "right hand man" who can pretty much do what the owner can, or more. You can find this kind of help, but you will pay.
You want to drive a Rolls-Royce? You'll pay a Rolls-Royce price.

In some other areas of the Country, the salary might be lower - or even higher.

Back