What's new
What's new

When you know your going to have a bad day...

SIM

Titanium
Open the door to shop and phones ringing...your setup guy can't make it in.

Start up machines and get warmup program going...one alarms out and its not a clearable alarm.

Go to make the coffee and someone used the last of it and didn't tell me.

Look at material in saw and realize guy was cutting the wrong item from it...

Delivery guy shows up very early...before forklift guy is in...so it don a jacket and start unloading to find out the material you set machine up for last night as its a Hot Rush...Back Ordered. So that's another machine down till reset.

All this and was only here 20 minutes...didn't even officially open for business.

So how do your bad days start?

Last time for me, was living 'up north'... Stuck on the bypass (winter), except I was lazy and didn't get gas the night before. :( So after a 3 hour wait, of which I had to run engine just enough to keep warm, get close to work, another wreck. :angry: I think I left for work about 5am and did not get in until after 10am.

The thing I HATE doing in the morning... Forgetting the cell phone and having to back track....
Frustrating when your at the end of the driveway, outright RAGE when you're almost to the shop.

Its usually going to be long day when you get to the shop and realize that you never actually
rinsed the shampoo out of your hair.

I feel you on the material not showing up... Its seems like its ALWAYS on something that's HOT!!!
I'm in the middle of nowhere so most of the trucking companies try to only send a truck when its
worth their while... I had a delivery sit in El Paso that sat there for almost 2 weeks before they
sent a truck up here (not a HOT job at all, but had me worried).. Last week I had one held up for
4 days that I NEEDED, :angry:

When the card reader at the gas station doesn't work.. Move over to another pump, it takes the card, but
the keypad is F'd up and won't let you enter your Zip Code... So you go in and end up behind some idiot
that can't figure out how to enter their pin #, then you go to pump and they are almost out of gas, so the
pump takes 5 minutes to pump a gallon. And then of course you realize you forgot your cell phone.

I broke a boot lace today but I've had plenty of days like yours. For me it's never just one thing. If one machine breaks than 2 others will have problems as well. Some days I feel like selling it all and moving to the beach.

With all the rain y'all got two weeks ago I figured it would be April before you could start mowing. Gotta love Houston black clay; either machine eating muck or concrete.

On a really shit day i have been known to say fuck it grab a beer and bike down the beach, some times that’s the better option even if its raining too! Some days you just not ever going to win, its got to the point i have had enough fighting days like that, next day always seams so much better.

Hopefully that's an atypical day!

But, for me, I've seemed to get some dosage of that kind of crap most every day for near-on 20 years now.

"It's always something" has become my motto for the shop...:D

ToolCat

When your day is fucked and everything you touch goes to complete shit just remember:

IT CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE!

Sucks when things begin spiraling out of control downhill, and there's nothing you can do but hang on................

We all certainly have those days, I sympathize with you!

Mine started last Tuesday.......main guy went in for knee surgery. Was out all last week, all this week, and hopefully only a half a week the following if the doctor gives him the OK to return to work.

I'm going out of my mind trying to keep up! The stress is tremendous!

Hopefully your day will be better tomorrow, hang tough!! ;)

Later,
Russ

When it all starts going south you need to stand up straight and regroup. THINK! Find something/anything un finished and finish it. Just doing that will get you back on a good tract. Happened just last week and had to really bleach my brain. Then I found a half finished joint so I smoked that. When done saw a small bit of Baileys Irish Cream so I finished that too with some cappuccino. Hot damnn but my day turned around quickly. My day went organic after that, as in not using power tools. Or machines.

When a routine 4 hr field job turns into a cluster from the time you lock out, then do visual inspections and to quote my helpers "we didn't know what to do, so we waited for you to check it and decide.".....12+ hrs later it's still FUBAR.....well .there's always tomorrow........

Had a cousin kind of the same thing , headache for weeks fainting etc.. Not trying to scare you, but if its really bad don't put it off.

If you have any of these symptoms better go to the doctor.

Unruptured brain aneurysms are typically completely asymptomatic. These aneurysms are typically small in size, usually less than one half inch in diameter. However, large unruptured aneurysms can occasionally press on the brain or the nerves stemming out of the brain and may result in various neurological symptoms. Any individual experiencing some or all of the following symptoms, regardless of age, should undergo immediate and careful evaluation by a physician.

• Localized Headache
  • Dilated pupils
  • Blurred or double vision
  • Pain above and behind eye
  • Weakness and numbness
  • Difficulty speaking
Ruptured brain aneurysms usually result in a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), which is defined as bleeding into the subarachnoid space. When blood escapes into the space around the brain, it can cause sudden symptoms.
Seek Medical Attention Immediately If You Are Experiencing Some Or All Of These Symptoms:

• Sudden severe headache, the worst headache of your life
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Nausea/Vomiting
  • Stiff Neck
  • Sudden blurred or double vision
  • Sudden pain above/behind the eye or difficulty seeing
  • Sudden change in mental status/awareness
  • Sudden trouble walking or dizziness
  • Sudden weakness and numbness
  • Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
  • Seizure
  • Drooping eyelid

So much for mowing today

View attachment 190535
I know that feeling good and well. Dad got one stuck so bad one time we had to wait till spring and dig it out by hand.

This was last weekend. And of course the normally very reliable Case 930, decided to not run...

5fa2d8bb549ed51e5415003c58b61c92.jpg

f7a22e2082f7a1e92005164a90677864.jpg

This was last weekend.

How long are your posts going to sit without trusses? They will turn into pretzels if they aren't restrained some. I was cautioned never to pour before the trusses are on. I was surprised how much I had to rack my building to square it up to sheet it. Once the plywood was on it was pretty solid.

Is the slab poured already? I built a similar sized building last year in the wettest spring in Oregon history. It was $400 a day to pump the concrete in. Kept the trucks on solid ground and made it go quicker.

I know that feeling good and well. Dad got one stuck so bad one time we had to wait till spring and dig it out by hand.

This was last weekend. And of course the normally very reliable Case 930, decided to not run...

5fa2d8bb549ed51e5415003c58b61c92.jpg

f7a22e2082f7a1e92005164a90677864.jpg

Not too sure a 930 would pull him out if he's loaded heavy.

Back