What's new
What's new

Are You Going to IMTS?

munruh

Hot Rolled
I've never been to IMTS and am thinking of going this year. Does it live up to all its hype? How much time to do I need to spend there? I will have to fly in so it will be an expense for me. Thanks

I go to IMTS every yr for 20 yrs so far.

I am 100% anti-hype.

--------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

It it totally worth seeing. You will not be disappointed. I've only been once, but it was enough to convince me.

You need to go. You CANNOT see everything in 1 or 2 days....even if you had a scooter to ride around on.... I'd plan on at least 3 if you want to see the whole show. I'll be there Mon - midday Wed.

It is best to get a game plan together before you go. Pick out what booths you NEED to visit and get those done the first day. Second day is for roaming and seeing what you can find that will help you. Third day use to check out all of the smaller vendors.....you find a lot of innovation in those booths.

Stan The Man - doo you think that you are going this yr?

------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

I plan on going, and trying to coax the owner to come along. I haven't gone since 2004 so I expect to see plenty of new technology. A few of our machine are overdue for upgrade. I'm thinking specifically of replacing a 3 axis VMC with a horizontal with 4th axis, tombstone and pallet changer....all I need to do is sell the owner on the idea. :argue:

Brian

You ought to go... and drag the boss along to.... That way you both can see the new equipment that your compitition will be using to make parts faster and at lower cost...
So... you think you can convince the boss to spend a couple hundred thou so he to can reduce the price or the parts you make for your customers? If you dont, that other guy will.

and Stay away from RUSH Street

I'm going! I didn't know this thread was here, I started the same thing elsewhere on the site.
I'll be working with Doosan, really looking forward to the show!

Back