What's new
What's new

Another stupid idea making money, that I didn't think of.

i_r_machinist

Titanium
Bug-A-Salt. An airgun that shoots table salt to kill flies and such. Someone gave a buddy of mine one of these things and it's addicting as hell. I just bought two for my shop at $39.95 a pop. Me and a guy at work spend our coffee breaks trying to think of something like this, but to no avail. I've adopted Henry Ford's motto of "Find a need and fill it.", but it seems like every time I think of something, it's already on the internet for $39.95.
Oh well, I'll just keep plugging.
have fun
i_r_machinist

I saw that a few years ago, the guy was taking deposits to fund the startup, sort of like the crowdsourcing thing that's happening now. I'm glad to hear it worked out, neat idea.

The one I shot seemed to be well built. We'll see when they come in. Maybe I'll steal the idea and make a heavy duty gun. I do have some paintball guns laying around somewhere.
i_r_

you want a good idea?

invent me a communication system whereby i can enter the license plate of the car in front of me so i can sorta call them, talk to them and offer some 'advice' ;)

Worked in a shit hole restaurant as a 16 year old. My 2 favorite ways of killing flies....#1 Spray them with 409 cleaner....F's em all up...they fly Kamikaze like then hit the floor. #2 Can of cooking spray and a lighter....down in flames. Amazing the stupid shit a 16 year old thinks of .

I bought two of `em - prepaid, and they were delivered on time.

Gave one as a gift at an office party (it was a big big hit!), still have the other...somewhere.

Bug-A-Salt. An airgun that shoots table salt to kill flies and such. Someone gave a buddy of mine one of these things and it's addicting as hell. I just bought two for my shop at $39.95 a pop. Me and a guy at work spend our coffee breaks trying to think of something like this, but to no avail. I've adopted Henry Ford's motto of "Find a need and fill it.", but it seems like every time I think of something, it's already on the internet for $39.95.
Oh well, I'll just keep plugging.
have fun
i_r_machinist

I ordered one yesterday, flies are terrible at my place right now!

I can nail 99% of the flies with my hands. Hold your hands about 8" apart and slowly lower over the fly. Clap them together when your about 8" above the fly. They almost always fly straight up so they fly right into your hands. You don't have to clap that hard just stun them that way you don't get fly guts on your hands.

Every once in a while I get one that really pisses me off and I grab the propane torch. Aim a little above the fly and hit the button. :)

BZO-TS7000T Bernzomatic Propane Torch "Trigger Start" - tooldesk.com

Make a cd kinda like they do for deer, elk, etc to call in the big buck flies, have a female fly in heat call, baby fly in distress call, two buck flies fighting call, and for the serious fly hunters, sell bags of dogs shit as a bait accessory to go with your cd, fly musk smell to mask your odor, and camouflage fly hunting suits.

I really like the Harbor freight electric flyswatters. Just hold the button, wave the flyswatter in the air slowly about 8-12" above the fly where you think it will go and ZAP it's toast. Makes a huge spark and a loud crack like a bugzapper and makes me laugh like an evil scientist in a movie. I actually look forward to flies now.

I use an electric flyswatter at home and they are fun. My brother sent me an a-salt-weapon and while it works well on flies your in for some serious reloading when you take on a bald faced hornet!! I won but had cramps from cocking that thing 50 times.:)

You can vaporize them pretty good with an old BB or pellet gun. Don't use a projectile, the compressed air will make them disapear. Range is limited, maybe a foot or so but maniacal satisfaction; PRICELESS.
kootne

I have self actuating fly-swatters...... The rug rats are big enough to chase flies for hours. They have fun doing it as long as they don't start swatting each other.

Back