What's new
What's new

Motivation forum

diyengineer253

Hot Rolled
Many of you been around the block, some of us are still trying to find it. If anyone has any motivational stories, videos, quotes, or anything else to get other owners through the day, post them here.uploadfromtaptalk1425641525243.jpg

"Motivation forum" ?

I have had to sit thru a bunch-o of that crap....it's more for "lonely middle managers"...:D

I got things to do.

BetterProductivity.jpg

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Norm from cheers:
"It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear"

my 2 bits, as it applies to metal working trades, pretty much this whole forum. particularly the members shops and photos section.
i've read a lot of those post in there entirety and follow some of those members where ever they post.

Sometimes, the problem can actually be..... Your diet.

I was too lethargic to succeed for a while. I would have slept 18 hours a day if I could.
That is NOT NOT NOT my normal mode of operation!

I felt horrible. could barely keep my head up off of my desk.
Tried to be more conscientious of my diet, and reduce the fried/fat foods. More fruits and veggies. Less processed meats, anytime you could make a choice, anyway.
Remember the exercise, even if it just purposely walking with more Enthusiasm! Throw your arms in the air. For no reason.
The results are very dramatic.
Back to my correct Type A-A-A personality.

It might not be a group you need.

You already WANT to succeed, but, you just don't ... quite .... Have the urgency to do it ... RIGHT NOW!

I believe there are two trains of thought about happiness. There are those that set goals and believe they will be happy when they achieve them then there are those that believe they should do what makes them happy and their goals will be easier to achieve.

I've found the latter to be a better fit for me and have watched a lot of those using the first approach be miserable and repeatedly fail.

I'm often told I'm an upbeat, happy kind of guy. I just don't let things get me down. I spent nearly 6 years in a relationship with a shitty woman and never could get ahead/stay on top of everything during that period. In one year post that period I had accomplished more than I thought was possible and it was far easier.

Keep good people close and shitcan the assholes that want to suck at life.

Latest research shows that focusing on motivation hinders success. Instead of thinking, go to work.

I hate sales and cold calls. Found a printer who helped me do big, full color postcards.

I developed a specialty. I am an expert on brazing carbide. Not very lucrative but something to sell. then people asked about carbide for brazing so we started selling that. (Not carbide inserts - ask CarbideBob.)

Many of my customers make tools. When things slowed down a few years a go we started a web site to sell their tools.

Now this is not "Get rich quick" advice. This is more "How to make a pretty good living with 40 years of hard work" advice.

I left out 100's of mistakes costing many, many dollars.

I see you are in Washington. If you get by Tacoma try to make it around lunch time and I will buy.

Tom

3 daughters, with two in college and still weddings to help with, a mortgage, not enough to retire on and time left on the clock. That pretty much sums up my motivation.

Work or die and let everyone down. I like the work option.

Norm from cheers:
"It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear"

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so?! There's a support group for that!

It's called 'Everybody!'.... They meet at the bar."

-- Drew Carey

3 daughters, with two in college and still weddings to help with, a mortgage, not enough to retire on and time left on the clock. That pretty much sums up my motivation.

Work or die and let everyone down. I like the work option.

You forgot about the "undeserving" welfare recipients and the "able bodied" unemployed.

Motivation... I think about this more and more as i continue to work 50hrs at the day job and 30-40 at home.... Why...
We all have our reasons... I would like a legacy. I would like to make my time here last more than the duration of my beating heart. Not so i can boast.. It isnt really about that. It would actually be more ideal if I had like minds to collaberate with to succeed with me along the journey... But my interpretation and measure of success is my own, and that why it is only within my own walls that I may create this "motivation". If there is one object that i could single out as the motivator, it is the clock on my phone that is set to alarm at 415am 365 days a year.
Dont look for motivation... If it is that which you seek, tou should probably persure a different venture.

You forgot about the "undeserving" welfare recipients and the "able bodied" unemployed.

Being a doer is my deal. I am incredibly lucky to have won the human birth lottery of being born in this time and where I was. I don't worry about the others who make their own choices. Worrying about how much of my income goes towards others is a waste of energy and spiteful. Just my opinion.

In all seriousness, motivation has to come from within to be worth anything in the long run. Some people need external pressure to get them going, but this is not a good long-term solution. They eventually burn out. If you usually wake up in the morning wishing you didn't have to go to work, you've got the wrong job. Just about everybody will wake up with an "eye" problem sometimes (when you call your boss and tell him, "I have an eye problem. I just can't see myself coming into work today."), but if it's all the time you're doing something wrong.

Motivation Demotivator® - Demotivational posters from Despair.com

Back